Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Dropped over 300grams from my Defy 1
  • biglee1

With a swap to Ultegra wheels 😀 😀 I was surprised about the weight difference but the quality is nice 😀
    Just got to ride it without a 500mph wind blowing 🙁

s1m0n
    Free Member

Looking at changing the wheels on my Defy 1 from stock to Zondas – think they’re (slightly) lighter than Ultegras so hoping for near 0.5g saving.

Did you notice the weight saving on the road?

mike_p
    Free Member

Most of that weight is in the rear wheel, the hub is incredibly dense – and if you also swap out the heavy cassette for an Ultegra and change the wire-beaded Giant tyres and thick tubes you’ll save a whole lot more on top.

The next upgrade you need to make is the brakes – I found that the stock Tektro calipers aren’t very stiff, so changing to 105 or Ultegra makes a big difference

JohnnyPanic

hoping for near 0.5g saving.

🙂

biglee1

I did actually get some 105 calipers a couple of weeks ago and they are much better than the oe brakes, better modulation and power 🙂
    I measured the Ultegras and they’re a couple of mm wider as well. I’ve kept the front tyre but the back had been changed to an Ultremo dd.
    New cassette and chain shortly as they’ve done a couple of ‘000 miles but that’ll get done when my chain wear indicator says 🙂
    No miles on the wheels yet 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Dropped over 300grams from my Defy 1’ is closed to new replies.