Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Dropbox/Google drive etc
  • MrGreedy

What cloud storage service are all the cool kids using these days? My needs are pretty simple, I just want to painlessly sync up a few files – amount of space is more important than features*, but less important than freeness.

STW hive-mind, as usual I await your wisdom…

*I don’t even know what “features” one should look for other than being able to save some stuff on it and then access the stuff from somewhere else

daveagiles
    Free Member

Dropbox and google are good. Copy works well as well and also has much more space. I have emailed you a link.

daveagiles
    Free Member

(Free space that is) not sure about how they all compare if you pay for space.

lucien

Google drive here

jambalaya
    Free Member

I use Dropbox, Google and iCloud – all work ok, as I’m Apple based iCloud works the best between devices. By using them all you can get a decent amount of storage, it’s simple to segregate files by type, eg work on Dropbox, personal on Google. What i like about Google and iCloud is they have spreadsheet and word processing probrammes somyou can create/modify content easily without your “main” computer. Flickr gives you 1TB so thinking of using it to back up all my photos.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Google Drive and Dropbox, got 50gb on Dropbox by getting an S3 and pay for a bit more on Google to hold all my pics as a backup.

Both work fine

samuri
    Free Member

I’m still trying to find one that allows embedding pictures in phorums like this. I’m just trying with dropbox now, fingers crossed…

samuri
    Free Member

Yay! Dropbox works!!!

timc
    Free Member

Dropbox for work material (non sensitive), great syncing work & personal mac’s & PC’s as well as mobile devices.

Our work one is 1.4tb which is obviously bigger than our hard drives anyway!

IanW
    Free Member

iCloud Mr G , of course you have to have bought into the Apple thing. 🙂

Otherwise I have used google drive to successfully share stuff with my family and that I no mean feat.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Went for google drive because my email (and about everything else) is powered by google so its all there when I log into my email.

What I like about it is that you can use google docs instead of MS office, so it can all be edited on tablets and phones with no issues. The GD spreadsheet is much nicer to work on than excel.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Dropbox for me. Have the app on my phone so every picture gets uploaded as soon as I’m back on wifi. Got about 120gb I think as I spammed everyone when it first came out and still get the odd referral bonus now.

seosamh77
    Free Member

use dropbox everyday in work, works well and updates more or less immediately, use if for transfering pdfs/ picking up images text etc. no complaints with it on mac or pc.

mega.co.nz, it’s fast and encrypted.

hot_fiat

Dropbox for work and stuff I need to speedily share with anyone.

iCloud for iPhone backup and photo sync between devices

Box.com for “the mothership” due to them having a corporate license and stupid firewall rules. They don’t get BYOD yet.

Bitcassa to back up everything else. $99 a year really does give you infinite (albeit quite slow) storage.

footflaps

We use Dropbox at work, I sync my laptop with it so everything is continually backed-up.

Very impressed with it.

somouk
    Free Member

I use Dropbox and so do most of the people I know. Excellent for cross platform work as I work on loads of different devices and OSs.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Dropbox/Google drive etc’ is closed to new replies.