Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Dropbox linky from iPad to this forum Q
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

So I’m trying to upload a photo into that Chainsaw thread from my iPad and Dropbox says post the photo into “Public folders”, which I’ve done, then right click..erm well I can’t do that but if I use one of the menus it gives the option “copy link to clipboard”, so I’ve done that and then come back here and clicked IMG and pasted the link..

Nowt’, well actually a small red X..

Hisss…

Am I doing it ronga?

wwaswas

you may be linking to the page, not the image.

You need to have a link ending .jpg or .gif, not .html/.asp/.php to do a direct link properly.

Have a look at ‘Forum Help’ up there^

galactus
    Free Member

Not the answer to your original question,Picup was recommended here to me and has been excellent for image transfers.

GrahamS

you may be linking to the page, not the image.

Yeah this.

Dropbox is a crap way of posting pics here by the way. You’d be far better off using a proper image hosting service (e.g. flickr), many of which will give you a complete img tag to paste in

Also, have you tried using the Dropbox iPad app?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Again not the answer to your specific question but …

I use the flickr app, I cannot say I’m in love with Flickr but at least it works

CountZero

For posting pics on here, I use Photobucket. It has its own app, it’s quick and easy to get the link, just tapping the icon, then the appropriate little box automatically copies the URL which you paste here.
    Easy to delete photos when you’ve finished with them too.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Cheers chaps.

Shall upload the one(s) I want to flikerlike and do it from there..

Didn’t know Dbox was a pile of pants..

Thanks again.

Mackem

I find that with dropbox, of you select the short url it works, otherwise, no.

GrahamS

Didn’t know Dbox was a pile of pants..

In my experience it’s very good for what it does: cloud storage and syncing of files.

It’s not good when it gets out of that scope: photo galleries and image hosting

bikebouy
    Free Member

I use Dbox a lot for file n stuff. Thought it would be fine for doing this type of thing, hey ho.

Flikingwhotsit account just setup.

vorlich
    Free Member

Dropbox is absolutely fine for sharing photos in online forums, I use it all the time, much easier than Flickr for that IMO…but the iOS app shortlink does not work for embedding images, unlike using the link the desktop Mac/PC version generates.

I have worked around this in the past by opening dropbox website in a browser and copying the actual image URL. Bit of a pain though.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Dropbox linky from iPad to this forum Q’ is closed to new replies.