Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Dropbox invite
  • Mowgli
    Free Member

Bit of a shameless plug here – if you sign up with the link below, you get an extra 250Mb storage, in addition to the 2Gb free. As it happens, I also get an extra 250 so it’s win win!
    http://db.tt/q0BT7I8

For those who don’t know, dropbox is a handy online back up thing which automatically syncs a folder in your My Documents with one online, so it’s backed up and you can access stuff anywhere. It saved my arse this afternoon so I thought I’d spread the word.
    Cheers!

druidh
    Free Member

Dinnae like it. I don’t see why I should have to have an account with them just to get something someone wants to share with me. The client is pretty intrusive on low-end machines too

Mowgli
    Free Member

Yeah I guess it does rape your internet connection a bit, what with uploading and syncing all the time. I’ve not used it for sharing though, just as backup. I have heard of small businesses using it instead of a network hard drive which sounds handy.

woffle
    Free Member

Don’t need it as user already but I really rate it (and pay for extra storage with them too) – keeps my three work macs synced with home easily and provides a simple off-site backup with zero input needed.

_tom_
    Free Member

I like it, handy for sharing files between my 3 computers. Some people on here will manage to complain about anything 😆

CountZero

Thanks for that. I’ve been meaning to set up an account, and I’d already installed the app on my phone. I needed it last week when I had some issues copying a video from my phone onto an SD card, because the Macs at work won’t allow wifi syncing. Seems to be some sort of security crap installed by IT, spoilsports. Managed the SD card in the end, my fault, as it happens. Cheers.

Squidlord
    Free Member

Been meaning to give this a go, so very timely post.

cranberry
    Free Member

I don’t need the invite – got 2.3 Tb of storage on my NAS, but Dropbox was rated highly in a recent test of cloud storage solutions by The Register.

Mowgli
    Free Member

Thanks for signing up guys. Earned me an extra Gb so far! 🙂

IA

I don’t see why I should have to have an account with them just to get something someone wants to share with me.

This isn’t true. You can share stuff publicly on dropbox.

Like this: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8462768/misc/24082007528.jpg

You don’t need an account to download/view that pic.

atlaz
    Free Member

Yeah I guess it does rape your internet connection a bit, what with uploading and syncing all the time.

Eh? It’s only synching if you’re putting new stuff into it. I use it to keep my important files spread across my computers and available on my phone and it takes up hardly any bandwidth when it checks every now and then for updates.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Dropbox invite’ is closed to new replies.