Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • dropbox
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

I have a free dropbox app on my htc ryme fone….has anyone used it…is it free… You can save files, pictures,videos etc,,,, i think it mite be free for up to 18 meg or something then after that you can upgrade to pro but prob have to pay from then onwards….but sounds good cos you back everything up online, so if you break ya fone for whatever reason, you still have all your files backed up onto the internet…..sorry im new to this but who uses,it, and is it safe…lol

somouk
    Free Member

Dropbox is fantastic, I use it to sync everything from my laptop to my phone.

It’s pretty secure although has faced criticism for not using encrypted storage recently but I would imagine that’s been sorted now.

You get a fair amount of storage for free when you register and it’s easy to get more storage by getting friends to join using your link.

donsimon
    Free Member

It works and appears to be safe.

Squidlord
    Free Member

It’s safe. I think you get 2GB free, but they give you more if you invite people to install it. Or you can pay for more storage. Not used it on a phone, but found it useful for moving stuff between computers.

CHB

Dropbox is ace!
    If you sign up through this link then you will do me a favour:
    http://db.tt/Nyyb75g

However I would recommend it even if you didn’t!
    Not sure I would put my super confidential stuff on there, but for work, presentations, MP3 and pics it really is the mutts nutts.

fadda

Can you save texts etc to it?

I’m trying to find a way of transferring a (long) string of texts from an old phone to my new one!

somouk
    Free Member

Not unless you copy and paste them all into a text document or something. Texts are a pain to transfer normally.

phiiiiil

On android there are apps that will back up texts and call logs to a file, Dropbox it across then restore it onto your new / other phone.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘dropbox’ is closed to new replies.