Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • drop bar rohloffing
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

can it be done , can it be done pretty , can it be done comfortably and ergonomically …..

my better judgement says no – but i leave it to you the STW panel of bodgers to point me n the direction of pictures that say it can be done …..

ton

yes, thorn sell all their tourers as such,
    mount the shifter on the end of the drop.

i think they sell a mount too.

trail_rat
    Free Member

dont seem to show it on their site ton…

just been for a gander – there site is a nucking fightmare though …. if ever there was a crap website design – thats number 2 …….

trail_rat
    Free Member

wow – they really put a whole shit load of thought into that …..

thats like a reason NOT to buy a rohloff that is right there ! shit its making a flat bar with drop bar extensions look attractive and acceptable ….

that really is the epitome of design engineering so it is … functional in the loosest sense of the word ….

so is that contraption the best the world can come up with to solve putting a rohloff on drops …. dont make me buy butterfly bars boys !you wouldnt like me if i had to ride butterfly bars !

Sam

Pretty and ergonomic? Not IMO. If you want both those things and can be satisfied with an Alfine then you can use the Versa or J-Tek shifter which are both much neater solutions than anything I've seen with a Rohloff. The best Rohloff ones I've seen are two part bars – some home bodged ones using a 25.4 bar cut in half, then a sleeve put around it to take it up to 31.8.

woffle
    Free Member

there is a german firm that makes a drop compatible shifter

93 Euro though!

Or you can go for the drop extensions like I did for £12 from fleabay:

Not pretty but they're functional enough.

disco_stu
    Free Member

can you get something similar for alfine hubs?

trail_rat
    Free Member

hmmm alfine requires the use of a silly large chainring to get more than 84" gearing … ideally want nearer 100 max ..

but its a possibility – saves me a grand over the rohloff 😉

tommid
    Free Member

I've seen one of these
    http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-Minoura-Minoura-SG1-SpaceGrip-Handlebar-Mounted-Accessory-Extension-Bracket–120-mm-Long-4101.htm
    used to mount a shifter to the centre of some drop bars so that the shifter is in a more reasonable position.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘drop bar rohloffing’ is closed to new replies.