Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Drop bar 29er with front sus
  • Nipper99
    Free Member

Gryphon is great but wouldn’t mind something with a bit of bounce up front. Other than the Fargo is there anything else that can be set up with a drop bar and front sus with resorting to fugly stems.

Nipper99
    Free Member

Anyone – sure i’ve seen something on here before.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Surly you could just stick drops on anything?

Nipper99
    Free Member

no, not really if you want to get the hooks/loops at the right hight without using extreme angled stems.

mugsys_m8

Nipper, I think Teeto’s clue is in his spelling..

I’ve just got an Ogre, and whilst Drops aren’t my goal, for now anyway. Fitting Drops with a 80mm stem would allow me to replicate exactly my road bike position as dervied by Cyclefit and that’s with a normal stem in road positon i.e. pointing downwards to give 0 rise. With a 110mm stem and flat bars I have a slightly stretched MTB position for touring duties, with a 90-100mm stem I have quite a technical mtb position.

I’m not sure about drop bars and suspension forks though, not sure it would be great and probably a bit like fitting a dropper post to a lightweight xc carbon hardtail…

persona
    Free Member

replicating the exact same position Cyclefit deemed appropriate for roadriding on an off-road bike makes absolutely no sense.

While a dropper post on a lightweight carbon hardtail makes loads of sense

Nipper – if you want/need a suspension fork on your drop bar bike, you’ve probably got the wrong type of bike for whatever riding it is that you do.

Nipper99
    Free Member

Something like Guitar Ted’s rig:

Experimental rigs 9-12 002 by jamesanderson2010, on Flickr

persona
    Free Member

Ha ha.. Spaztastic 😆

Sure that’s not Banjo Bob’s?

Nipper99
    Free Member

Or this bad boy!

P1060458 by jamesanderson2010, on Flickr

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Drop bar 29er with front sus’ is closed to new replies.