Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Drooling over Lapierre Spicy… what's my Yeti worth?
  • Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Just been looking at the many, many lovely bikes in Biketreks, but will need to sell on my Yeti 575 to justify such a purchase. Just wondering what kind of money I should advertise it at… and whether I should split or sell as (almost) complete?

I want to keep the wheels see – so it isn't complete… though I could always get some appropriate hubs fitted to a spare set of hoops I have kicking about I suppose.

Anyhoo – the bike to go is:

Large Yeti 575 (2005 vintage in black ano finish) – Fox RP2 (IIRC) shock.
    Thompson seat post
    Hope seat collar
    Chris King headset
    Fizik Nisene saddle (it used to be cow print!)
    Easton EA50 bars and stem
    Hayes Stroker Ryde F&R brakes (only fitted 6 months ago, 180ish rotors both ends)
    SRAM X7 mech/shifters
    Shimano XT cranks
    Rockshox Pike Team U-Turn with Poplock (hard springs and normal springs)

erm… is that everything? If I sort the wheels they will be old Mavic F219 rims on whatever 20mm hubs they have at my local emporium I would think!

So… any thoughts? As much trying to get an idea of budget at the moment, and I will probably stick it in classifieds at some stage, though if anyone desperately wants to get first dibs in drop me an email and we can talk (cos I really want to get a new motorbike first and see how much cash is left over!)

angryratio
    Free Member

split it, bay it

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Guy in the shop thought by the time I had paid eBay fees it would be better on STW! The split and ebay was my original thought see.

chakaping
    Free Member

can always split and sell on here, might even get a better price than ebay

demand seems to fluctuate for old 575s

I got about £530 for my vgc '07 frame last year if that helps

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Cheers… yep that gives me a good indication of a starting point on that, bit less as it is a little older (though it has seen no real use over the last year/18 months due to life getting in the way).

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I sold my 575 a year ago, at about 18 months old, so it was an 07 model with RP23 shock, and a similar spec to yours for £1350, but that was a full bike. I would think you'd get £800 or so for that, but you'd be better splitting it

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

£800 sans wheels is that, or with something bodged up?

Splitting does seem the best way to maximise return though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Drooling over Lapierre Spicy… what's my Yeti worth?’ is closed to new replies.