• This topic has 49 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by tthew.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Drones – Quadcopters: What are you flying (or hovering)?
  • convert

Cheers, thanks.

tthew

FPV, as in some of those flashy goggles that transmit right into your face, not necessary for filming, but having the feed beamed back to a small screen, (most likely a phone or tablet) is useful for framing shots, controlling the vertical position of the gimble etc.

And like I said on page one, buy yourself a small, cheap one now to learn with. Like this one from Amazon.

murf
    Free Member

I’ve got an F450, self built. Naze32 flight controller running openpilot and a Hitachi action cam Velcro’d underneath. It’s been pretty robust so far and has survived a good few rather bumpy landings!
    Once i’ve properly got the hang of LOS flight I’ll try out FPV, it’s great fun 🙂

afrothunder88

Currently this beast:

Carries a GoPro for 30m-40m depending on battery, full control of the gimbal from the TX, follow me mode available by connecting it to my phone. Currently flying it on 5S and 6S batteries.

It’s about to be reconfigured as I’ve finally managed to source a 960 Hexactoper frame for a steal. I’ll be moving the motors ands ESC’s to the Hex to lift a Nex 5 and rebuilding the quad with some lighter 4S capable motors and then probably selling it.

I’m also selling a 250 quad, and shortly a 550 Hex followed by a 450 Quad, the 250 quad is complete with transmitter and FPV ready with LED’s etc. If anyone’s interested please give me a shout.

I also have a 330 Hexacopter that is mid-build, that will be complete with a Mini APM flight controller to do all the follow me that the large quad can do at the moment. Should be perfect for following bike/skate action with a goPro.

tthew

All these home-built affairs are making me think I really should do something with the iFly 4 I bought cheap off e-bay. Think one of the ESC’s is duff, so I never managed to make it work successfully but reckon it would make a decent basis for a winter project.

Really could do with that build thread dannybgoode!

GrahamS

There are some pretty good step-by-step builds on YouTube.

Here’s a nice one of a FPV racing quad:
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8JyCGXrFbk[/video] (33 minutes)

And here is an even more in-depth build of a low cost FPV miniquad:
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jbpwqCCVbs[/video] (in 5 parts – over 3 hours!)

bencooper
    Free Member

Mine*:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/vHfVFk]Untitled[/url] by Ben Cooper, on Flickr

*for a given value of “mine” – the person I built it for has vanished off the face of the Earth.

afrothunder88

Did they pay beforehand?! Seems nuts to have something that size built and never collect it.

bencooper
    Free Member

Yup, paid in full – about £3500. Not sure what to do with it, to be honest!

tthew

On holiday in Dubrovnik this week. Didn’t bring my little quad with me as I’m waiting on some spare props, (practising controlled flying in small areas) but yesterday there was a familiar razzing sound coming from upstairs.

DJI Phantom 3. Bloke flew it completely out of sight, just used his iPad as an FPV screen.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Drones – Quadcopters: What are you flying (or hovering)?’ is closed to new replies.