Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Drone Footage – got any?
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

Been looking – this gadget is amazing – post anything you’ve got 🙂

Lester
    Free Member

How about this
    U.K. Bike skills Jedi’s place

singlespeedstu

There’s a bit of drone footage in this.
    You might even recognize a couple of the riders. 😉
    Was a real pain in the ass hanging around waiting for the guy to get it up and running. Then it crashed and broke so thankfully we could get on with riding.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Me with mine. Waiting for summer but got some cracking footage in mind…

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

This one from Swinley- its way to long and was the first time I had flown since the summer.

And I was unaware it was illegal to film/fly.
    Phantom 3 Standard running litchi app.

[video]https://youtu.be/YAZB4Gp9SgM[/video]

And this short non bike one. No idea why my son thought throwing his cap at the drone was a good idea. He manage to avoid having his face slashed by the rotors and no longer use the drone to take low height pictures.
    [video]https://youtu.be/Fr2pviqh970[/video]

xcstu
    Free Member

So what do they say is illegal?

Picked up a DJI Mavic Pro at Christmas but still haven’t got round to filming any Mountain Biking but have plans 🙂

An example so far…

https://vimeo.com/200470803?ref=em-v-share

https://vimeo.com/203361556

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

xcstu – Member
    So what do they say is illegal?

Picked up a DJI Mavic Pro at Christmas but still haven’t got round to filming any Mountain Biking but have plans

An example so far…

POSTED 8 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Nice shots & smooth video, if I hadnt bought so many batterys for my PS3 I would have upgraded to the Mavic.

its illegal to fly/film on Crown Estate. I didnt research much before I took the drone to Swinley. There is a bit on the Windsor Estate Rc flying club 🙄 about asking for permission to fly at Windsor and this requirement extends to Swinley Forest.

Not had the door kicked down yet or asked to take down the video from youtube.

xcstu
    Free Member

Well that’s good to know as had some plans to do some flying and footage there! Had seen a group racing in the forest but was taped off so maybe a planned event??

Highly recommend the Mavic.. still learning and way to good for me and packs so small 🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Maybe you should check this out. It does apply to you anywhere, not just Swinley.

verses

Slightly more pro, and not very long, but a local company filmed this in one of our local bomb-holes with theirs (turn your volume down!!!);

[video]http://vimeo.com/50057115[/video]

tom.nash

Just to clarify a few things before folk get exposed…

Any drone flyer must abide by the Drone Code which comes from the Air Navigation Order and can be reported/investigated to/by the police if broken.

Any footage used for commercial operations or ‘valuable gain’ (doesn’t need to be money) must be done by a holder of a CAA Permission for Commercial Operation.

There are many bylaws (such as Royal Parks, Crown Estate, National Trust, Heritage sites) that prevent drone flying. Who knew that NO drone flying can be conducted on Forestry Commission Scotland Land..? Also FOD, New Forest as examples have restrictions. Don’t end up getting yourself in hot water and so some research first… The drone assist app will also highlight areas you can’t fly and DJI especially are putting more and more geo-fenced no fly zones in the firmware which means your motors won’t even start.

xcstu
    Free Member

Will def be reading up a bit more… my DJI luckily does warn me of no go areas which is handy!!

xcstu
    Free Member

It is a shame there are so many restrictions… I believe in the US you can barely fly anywhere without getting into trouble… shame as a nice alternative to capturing stunning country side etc

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

xcstu – Member
    Well that’s good to know as had some plans to do some flying and footage there! Had seen a group racing in the forest but was taped off so maybe a planned event??

That was in Crowethorne woods area I think and was not on the Crown Estate.

eddiebaby – Member
    Maybe you should check this out. It does apply to you anywhere, not just Swinley.

What part do you mean? I am aware of the Drone code and not flying near builings and 50m from people. But following the code you can even fly in the parks in London that are not Crown Estate and you follow the code. Or so I have been told. Genuine question regarding the anywhere part.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Drone Footage – got any?’ is closed to new replies.