Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • DRONE! Aim – target acquired – FIRE , DESTROYED!
  • Rubber-Duck

We have just been trying to enjoy this delightful weather by having lunch in the garden with the family. The whole event was punctuated by frequent buzzing and overflight by some local ####t with a drone. If only there was some way of setting up a ‘no fly zone’ over my property.

(Anticipating a tirade of mocking for poor grammar, whimpy rant, bad garden maintenance and for being curmudgeonly) 😆

slowoldman

Shotgun.

richmars

There already is a no fly zone over your property. You just need someone to enforce it. If you can see the owner, go and tell him to fly somewhere else (or at least 50m away).

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Go full Trump. Get yourself a drone and don’t be afraid to use it.

jam-bo

Apparently very few have very secure comms/control methods. Hijack it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Garden hose…
    Then punch the owner ?

Rubber-Duck

I like the hijack option and then it could be encouraged to land- forcefully. 8)

shermer75
    Free Member

As above my drone owning buddy reckons that you are not allowed to fly it over buildings or people…

cloudnine
    Free Member

Hijack.. then see how high it will go

shermer75
    Free Member
    somouk
    Free Member

Hosepipe works well if its close enough.

leffeboy

Was looking at anti-drone systems a few weeks ago. I can’t imagine that such systems would be legal to use without licences in the near future but I can imagine that it will soon become such a problem that we would be able to have a system of beacons that would automatically exclude domestic and commercial (but not law enforcement) drones.

not there yet though :(.

Drac

As above my drone owning buddy reckons that you are not allowed to fly it over buildings or people…

Close but not cigar.

GrahamS

If you can see the owner, go and tell him to fly somewhere else (or at least 50m away).

50m exclusion only applies if it has a camera I think.

(I fly my little drone down the local park. No one seems to mind, but I try not be obnoxious with it)

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Air rifle?

GrahamS

Those advocating criminal damage, do you also smash the windscreens of cars that park badly?

bikebouy
    Free Member

No, but for Drones.. yes.

GrahamS

So considering a drone could potentially cost a lot more than a windscreen, how do justify that?

Neb

[video]https://youtu.be/kAYVyj6vf3Y[/video]

wordnumb
    Free Member

50m exclusion only applies if it has a camera I think.

How is one to know whether said drone features a camera before instructing one’s eagles, much like the Gandalf in that film, to seek and destroy?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Do I look bothered ?

Noisy chuffing things shouldn’t fly in built up areas, Parks and Open Land fine.. Housing areas nope..

Theres a reason why Model Aircraft flyers have their own space.

Fair game I reckon, who wants a noisy drone flying over their property taking photos of your garden contents? I suppose you do, I guess you think its absolutely fine for snooping into others property.

oldnpastit

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/08/18/parrots_drone_pwned_killed_with_linux_log/

The default Telnet port 23 is left open so anyone within Wi-Fi distance of the AR Drone can log in to its Busybox implantation of Linux. You automatically get root access.

Just typing “Kill 1” terminates the flying and the drone drops from the sky.

jimjam
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member

Those advocating criminal damage, do you also smash the windscreens of cars that park badly?

Is the car badly parked above your garden?

v8ninety

RC Quadcopter flying types are to STW hardmen as road cyclists are to Jeremy Clarkson watching drivers. Simple.

(Not advocating antisocial drone use any more than I’m advocating deliberate running over of grannies by BMX riders)

GrahamS

Fair game I reckon, who wants a noisy drone flying over their property taking photos of your garden contents?

Who wants cars parked in the pavement outside their house? Smash their windscreens.

Who wants cyclists riding on footpaths? Knock them off their bikes and break all the spokes.

etc etc

You might not like the minor infraction, but suggesting a far more major one to deal with it is an odd response.

onlysteel
    Free Member

Saw a muppet taunting a dog with one today, up on the Ridgeway. Went just that little bit too low……..
    Boy and I almost fell off our bikes laffing.

seadog101

I feel your pain.

Next door neighbour has one, and occasionally ‘has’ to test fly it. Despite pointing out to him, as nicely as possible, that flying it over a built up area is illegal. Especially the 150m from people and property if it has a camera fitted, used or not.

It’s the privacy issue I find most objectionable, a person with a camera can be approached and asked not to take photos of you. Something you can’t do with a drone.

The muppet did post a video on FB too of one of its flights, since been taken down.. maybe he’s got the message?

maccruiskeen

(I fly my little drone down the local park. No one seems to mind,

They may not seem to mind – but underneath that calm facade theres a social media outburst brewing. 🙂

deadkenny
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator 
    Close but not cigar.

You can fly them close to buildings, but not with a cigar?

user-removed
    Free Member

It’s the privacy issue I find most objectionable, a person with a camera can be approached and asked not to take photos of you. Something you can’t do with a drone.

Well, you can ask but if the photographer is on public land (even if it’s your doorstep) they’re perfectly entitled to legally snap away. It’s how the doorstepping paparazzi get away with it.

deadkenny
    Free Member

What’s the ownership of the airspace above your house though? Is that considered public or private?

GrahamS

Doesn’t really matter kenny , if they have a camera on it and they fly within 50 metres then they are in breach of Article 95 of the Air Navigation Order. 150 metres if your house is in a “congested area” (which it almost certainly is).

http://www.caa.co.uk/Commercial-industry/Aircraft/Unmanned-aircraft/Unmanned-Aircraft/

Kit
    Free Member

I don’t think aviation law has really caught up with drones. The CAA simply apply the existing rules for radio controlled planes, which would be fine if drones didn’t also carry cameras. Even at 50m from your property, with a 4k camera you’re still going to see plenty. It’s no wonder people get more irate about that, than pavement parking. The latter doesn’t invade their valuable privacy.

Rubber-Duck

It’s not even a discrete invasion of privacy as it is so noisy and irritating, so in a bizarre way the invasion feels more acute.

GrahamS

Not sure you can accuse them of not having caught up when the CAA devoted a whole website to drones.

Even at 50m from your property, with a 4k camera you’re still going to see plenty

150m in a “congested area”. And probably other privacy laws being broken there too as it breaches the old “reasonable expectation of privacy” guide.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

matt_outandabout

Can you hijack the camera feed?
    Eldest_oab has a drone with headset….

Drac

Knock them out of the sky so fall onto a child’s face.

GrahamS

Can you hijack the camera feed?

A lot of the racing drones use analogue RF for the camera (because there is less latency) so anyone can tune in and watch.

Not sure about the digital streams. Suspect it is harder but someone is bound to have done it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘DRONE! Aim – target acquired – FIRE , DESTROYED!’ is closed to new replies.