Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Driving to that there London, M4 to the East End (docklands/Excel), tomorrow
  • IHN

I was thinking into London on the M4/A4, up to the Westway/A40/Euston Road (to avoid the road closures in place because of all them bloody cyclists), all the way round to the A13.

I then thought, to avoid the road closures even more, I could go across Hammersmith bridge and make my way South of the river

Google reckons not to bother with any of that nonsense, and to just go all the way round the top of the M25, and come in from the North East, past the Olympic Park.

Whaddyareckon?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

If there’s no reported issues I’d go M25 assuming I had no choice but to drive. But it’s not a journey I would ever consider doing in a car, I’d prefer to take the tube.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Go round, you don’t want to be anywhere near the centre of London with the road closures

bikebouy
    Free Member

M25…

More going on here this w/e than just cycling.

aP
    Free Member

Just park somewhere out west – Osterley/ Hounslow East and get the Picc line in (changing a couple of times to get to Excel). Or park in Richmond and get the train into Waterloo, Jubilee to North Greenwich, Boris Dangler over the river then walk to Excel.

IHN

I should add that we’re driving, with bikes, to a hotel, where we’re staying the night to make use of said closed roads on Sunday…

jimdubleyou

M25 as long nobody has crashed into the contraflow (there has to be one somewhere)

numbnut
    Free Member

M25 > M11 > A406 > Royal Docks Rd.

I drive that regularly and would never go across town unless the M25 was knackered.

CountZero

Glad you added the caveat that you were driving to a hotel with bikes on the car, because I was just about to say bugger driving across or around London, just park at Hammersmith and Tube over.
    Which would have been pointless, so I’m glad I didn’t. 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Driving to that there London, M4 to the East End (docklands/Excel), tomorrow’ is closed to new replies.