Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Driving to Prague
  • jools182
    Free Member

I will be going to Prague early August and really don’t like flying, plus I have always fancies a drive in eastern Europe

Has anyone driven there?

had a quick google but can’t find much info

I guess it would take a few days

br
    Free Member

Its not really any different to Western Europe these days. Just go across the channel and hang a left 🙂

If Calais then down past Leige and take the autobahn to MG, on to Koln and down to Frankfurt – just keep going.

Not sure where you are but I managed Nurnburg by lunch, big Merc and company fuel.

konabunny
    Free Member

take it easy and stop off in some delightful little town in southern germany on the way!

molgrips
    Free Member

If you are worried about boredom on a long trip, take the Autobahn.

singletrackmind

I have done it 3 times in a rattly Nissan 1.5 Diesel , and a Saab 9000 2.3 and a Rover 825td.
    The Saab was the best , the Rover died on a German autobahn .
    We stopped overnight and it took about 14 hours of driving in total .
    Was really good once out of Belgium , as they are the worst drivers in Europe. Went Calais and then North and on the E5 i think from there .
    Bit of a struggle in Germany as the autobahns didnt get us to the right area quickly/directly.
    Nice country for driving , good roads and fairly empty outside Prauge.
    Worth touring around whilst there as there are some nice old towns to see.

grim168
    Free Member

We went to colditz a few years ago on motorbikes and saw prague wasn’t that much further so had a quick look. The hookers over the border were stunning. Sorry thats all I can remember oh and speed traps.

jools182
    Free Member

singletrackmind – did you do it over 2 or 3 days?

I’ll be driving alone, so I am thinking 3 days might be the best bet

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Driving to Prague’ is closed to new replies.