Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Driving to Jersey
  • Pook

I went to Jersey years ago and loved it. I’d like to take my wife there, and our new baby later this year. Anyone ever driven to Jersey?

piemonster

You’d get wet

allthegear
    Free Member

Dunno about recently but there used to be murders there every blooming week. I’d avoid. Sounds dangerous.

Rachel

bokonon
    Free Member

I go to Guernsey about once a year on average to see family, Condor Ferries is your only option, it’s expensive if you go on the fast ferry (2.5 hours to Guernsey, longer to Jersey) and quite expensive if you go on the slow ferry (over night back, all day there). I’d look at flying/hiring as it might come in cheaper overall for 3 of you. (I have 3 kids, and it’s not cheaper for me, that and I don’t fly).

Kamakazie

Dunno about recently but there used to be murders there every blooming week. I’d avoid. Sounds dangerous.

Rachel
    Huh?

Pigface
    Free Member

rockhopperbike

used to be a good bike shop in St Helier, cannodale tax free- bring it back in the back of the car!

Kamakazie

Still some good shops but with the local markup and 5% gst I doubt it would be any cheaper.

As above it might be cheaper to fly, EasyJet fly from somewhere now.

joat

It was a while ago now, but we booked a fast ferry along with a camping holiday. The cost for the whole holiday was about the same as the ferry would have been separately. So it might be worth booking it all together.

Simon

We did the same (camping/ferry package) a few years ago, we had a great time.

Mackem

Thru the tunnel. Drive to st malo. Ferry to jersey. Might be cheaper/more interesting.

bikebouy
    Free Member

That’s one helluva long drive from Dover to Malo…

Mackem

Not really. And you can make it part of the holiday with a stopover night.

nicko74

Leave the car behind – you could drive down to the ferry, then passenger fare, and use a bike or taxis to get around on Jersey.

I even got the train from London instead of driving to the ferry. Wasn’t the most exciting day of travel, but it worked. Flew back on Flybe, which was quite fun – could see the ferry below.

Kamakazie

allthegear / pigface.
    I’ve seen that about 5 times and only just realised the 2 posts were related! Ooops

nickhart
    Free Member

Did it last year pook, from hillsborough to Poole then fast cat thing to jersey. Stopped over night at the premier inn in Poole then the ferry was five minutes from the inn.
    Worst thing was sign posting for Poole but other than that it was a great holiday. Plemont beach was superb, small and quiet. Loads of steps down to it though. Great cafe.

wallop

Lovely place. Fantastic zoo with the best meerkats ever!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Driving to Jersey’ is closed to new replies.