Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Driving round Paris, at 5pm, on a friday
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

Off to France in a couple of weeks. Going through the tunnel at 2pmish, and the most direct route takes us through (around) Paris on the Peripherique, so I reckon we’d hit it at about 5-6pm.

I know its not quite the beginning of the holiday season, so may not be too mad, but would this be a bad idea? Alternative route is via Rouen, which is longer, but better if not stationary…

nickjb
    Free Member

Where are you going. If it is towards the Alps then go well East of Paris via Reims. The satnav/route finder may try and send you to Paris but it is wrong.

EDIT if Rouen is option the I guess you aren’t going to the Alps 😳

wolvesdug
    Free Member

Heading south through Paris can be a nightmare. North is not so bad.

I always travel through Rouen as the extra mileage is worth it for quieter motorways and no queues.

pjm84
    Free Member

Don’t do it! Avoid

scuttler

Rouen – no brainer

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’m on the Peripherique most days and it’s already quieter now the holiday season has started, however Fridays are still busy with people going away for weekends, the mass migration will be end July/start of August when the roads will be total chaos.

My 2 cents would be to avoid it if at all possible given the time of day / day of week combination

rickt
    Free Member

It’s fun driving in Paris ….

Not so fun with you enroute on holiday though on a Friday tea time.. I would avoid, plenty of smashes and delays on the a86 which you don’t need.

withersea
    Free Member

Have done it twice, nightmare on both occasions. Avoid unless you are not in a rush and like the entertainment factor of the m25 crossed with the red bull X-fighters

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

the m25 crossed with the red bull X-fighters

That’s the Periph!

Avoid.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Driving round Paris, at 5pm, on a friday’ is closed to new replies.