Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • driving licence, do you need…………..
  • fastindian
    Free Member

The wife and I still have the old paper licences, a few of her work mates say we should have both the paper and new credit card type one as well. So is this the case, doesnt sound right to me!

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

No you dont need to change them til you move address or have another reason to have them reissued.

allthepies
    Free Member

I’ve still got the old styleee paper one, as long as it’s still valid and the name/address details are correct then it’s fine.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

If you send it in for a new one they will charge you unless you are changing address or the like. Keep the old paupers one ay cause problems if you try to hire car abroad if they don’t realise about old licence.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

If you change then make sure you photocopy the old one. Lots of people (myself included) have lost previous class allowances. If you lose them you can’t get them back.

Aint the dvla great…

MrOvershoot

Zedsdead – Member

If you change then make sure you photocopy the old one. Lots of people (myself included) have lost previous class allowances. If you lose them you can’t get them back.

Aint the dvla great…
    No they left my PSV 1 off …back on now after a bit of a fight

allthegear
    Free Member

Also, the new ones only last (about) 10 years – then you need to renew them whether you have changed your details or not.

Rachel

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Indeed allthegear, was relieved of 25 calamari the other day to have a new photo of me looking miserable. Why is it when they say “now sir, you mustn’t smile”, you immediately put the “my dog’s died” face on.

Pieface

If you wear glasses you need to take them off!

Seems logical to me, but as a glasses wearer it seemed a bit extreme, plus I look better with my face furniture.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yet 9/10 you’ll probably be wearing your glasses when driving?? I am also due to be lifted of 25 sheets then as I’ve just seen the letter telling me the photo bit runs out soon! Am I also right in thinking you have to have the paper bit for producers or endorsements because thats the bit they write them on!!

GrahamS

They need an undistorted face (neutral expression, no glasses) so they can sample the appropriate measurements for face recognition software. Same as with passports.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Thanks, I never realised.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘driving licence, do you need…………..’ is closed to new replies.