Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Driving Lessons Needed in Bradford Area
  • gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Brace yourselves, I’m going to be hitting the road in one of those steel cages!

Can anyone recommend me a driving instructor in the Bradford area?

I need a few refresher lessons as I’m somewhat competent behind the wheel but not in possession of a license yet. I have had about 5 or 6 lessons over the last 10 years, but have also driven quite a lot with MissStripes [maybe 30 hours in total over 2 years].

Any suggestions? I was going to use Bill Plant, but after booking with the callcentre and being quoted £56 for the first 5 hours, I got a call from the instructor to say:
    1) He can’t do the time I booked
    2) It’s £22.50 an hour “because you are not a beginner”.

£22.50 is not unusual, but if the first contact I have had with him is this, I am not impressed!

After 5 or so I’ll do some driving with MissStripes again, but I’ll need more in the future to get ready for a test.

Any suggestions/offers?

Ta!

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Suggestions – go out more with MissStripes. The pass stats for people who are taught and presented for test by friends and relatives is significantly higher than those presented for test by driving instructors.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Be careful of Bill Plant. The majority of their driving instructors aren’t qualified as they are still doing their training so you may end up doing a lot more lessons than if you’d used a qualified instructor.
    I would be able to recommend someone with an excellent pass rate but unfortunately he is over wakefield way.

bearnecessities

I’d offer you opportunities to practice, but afraid my insurance doesn’t allow it. 😀

simmy
    Free Member

Suggestions – go out more with MissStripes. The pass stats for people who are taught and presented for test by friends and relatives is significantly higher than those presented for test by driving instructors.

Have you a link to these stats ?

Cheers

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Simmy – I’ll see if I can find them.

I always put it down to ADIs getting all the uncoordinated nutters.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I’d offer you opportunities to practice, but afraid my insurance doesn’t allow it

Neither would my conscience 😉

WRT Bill Plant, their website seemed to say they had all passed their test.

Not impressed at all.

deano8
    Free Member

Go on local recommendations from family friends, ideally an independent instructor who doesn’t need to rely on big budget marketing to get the business.
    Ask to see their last check test result, prior to April this year a grade 6 or more recently a grade A is the highest mark they can achieve.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Not sure if he’s still doing it but I learnt with a school called Roadwise, based up Shelf way, but that was 25 years ago

Mrs_d learnt with a guy called Donald Crowley but I think he’s now retired. In Baildon we have a school called Ladderbanks, but Mr Crowley wasn’t too impressed with them at the time (10+ years ago)

martinhutch

The only one I’d recommend against is Prestige, judging by some of the ill-judged manoeuvres I’ve seen them attempting round my way.

darrenspink
    Free Member

http://www.stevewhitedrivertraining.co.uk

Based in Idle. Tell him I mentioned him to you. Hes busy busy though.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Thanks!

Any more?

Steve White:

Looks like my kinda guy 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Driving Lessons Needed in Bradford Area’ is closed to new replies.