Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Driving improvement / confidence lessons
  • jimmy

IF you wanted to buy someone driving “lessons” but not really lessons, more of an improver course to boost their confidence… What kind of thing would you look at? Track driving, advanced driving test, what else?

MoreCashThanDash

Bonus points if anyone can recommend something for a 70 year old as well……

Onzadog
    Free Member

IAM course?

jimmy

IAM sounds like it could be very… Serious? I mean, as a present I don’t want to present it as ‘youre a shit driver, spend time with these guys and they’ll pummel some skillz into you” (it’s not for a shit driver, they just need a bit of confidence and handling skillz)

Onzadog
    Free Member

Trouble is, track driving doesn’t really relate to driving on a public highway.

Maybe chat to your local group and explain what you’re after. Or take a course with them.

Sandwich

Defensive driving course similar to Pass Plus for da yoot but with extra training for improving standards. The one I did through an employer majored on staying safe, making progress (safely) and breaking bad habits.
    Something like this one from RoSPA

anagallis_arvensis

IAMs bike stuff I did was good fun. Maybe try and look gor a local group and see if they do taster sessions?

garage-dweller

This is not present material unless discussed with the person first surely?

If it’s general technique and confidence improvement why not just ask a normal local driving instructor??

There was a programme on tv a while back where the AA coached some drivers who has licences but were for various reasons in need of help and improvement. Terrifying viewing but the persistence, patience and knowledge of the instructors really impressed me.

By the way roadcraft is an excellent book if you have somebody who can book learn and then recall that knowledge on their feet. Some of the most useful things I learned to improve on/think about when I went back to regular driving for work were in that book.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Driving improvement / confidence lessons’ is closed to new replies.