Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Driving from Manchester to Brighton on Sat- weather/help?
  • hora
    Free Member

Some news reports say ‘thaw’ yet the BBC says a big snow dump moving in Fri/Sat with thaw starting Sunday.

Whats it like at the moment in the South east- is the snow dump on the way?

wwaswas

all melting in Hove currently.

*this is not a prediction of possible future weather events on the south coast*

binners

dooosuk
    Free Member

is the snow dump on the way?

Are you asking people down south to check the very same weather reports that you could check from oop north…or do they get more localised weather reports down there? 8)

hora
    Free Member

I’m too busy riding an Orange Five round the STW mag photo shoot area to check southern weather reports.

binners

Hora… might it also be worth checking the weather in the bits that are in between Manchester and the South East too? Rather than just specifically Brighton? Or are they not important? 😉

lilchris
    Free Member

I’m too busy……to check southern weather reports.

Well they’re changeing literally every half hour, so…

hora
    Free Member

This is the annoying thing. On Breakfast news this morning they showed a band of snow moving in from West to East with minus temps and checking their OWN website- not a single snow flake and SIX degrees.

WTF. Do the BBC departments TALK to each other?

cp

I find that very amusing with the BBC as well!

But to be frank, it’s any ones guess what’s happening at the moment. different websites say different things about the amount of snow on friday, and when the thaw starts ranging from saturday morning to tuesday….

hora
    Free Member

Even if the Gulf-stream moves weather south etc- you’d think with SATELITTES they’d have a clue. I mean the weather reports are vastly different from the same source.

binners

If you risk it, you’ll almost certainly die!

Here’s a revolutionary Idea: Make a decision on Friday, or even Saturday when you have a more accurate picture of the weather

Keva
    Free Member

is there a website to check road conditions rather than weather reports?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’d recommend taking one of these from Uoop North,

then take one of these for the curcuit around the M25 and into North Sussex,

then one of these for the Brighton part of your journey:

zbonty

Genius Bb

bikebouy
    Free Member

😆

killwillforchips
    Free Member

That’s a good point Hora. I agree.

Very true and wise words here. There’s ALOT we can all learn from Hora. Seriously smart fella.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Driving from Manchester to Brighton on Sat- weather/help?’ is closed to new replies.