Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • drivers not clearing their windscreens
  • mrmo
    Free Member

WTF goes through a someones mind that says it’ll be fine to drive around having scrapped a bit of snow the size of a letter box from the front windscreen!!!!!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Very little I imagine.

IHN

‘their’ 🙂

But, yes, eejits. Same goes for side windows, rear windows and lights.

seba560
    Free Member

Nothing says I’m poor and stupid more than a snow covered car on the road. 😉

jota180
    Free Member

But, yes, eejits. Same goes for side windows, rear windows and lights.

and the roof 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

and the roof

Nah, leave the roof. Always like to see cars with snowhicans. It’s like a faster version of Buckaroo, waiting to see at which point it all goes flying off.

trail_rat
    Free Member

just do as i did to the mrs reversing into the drive last night …..

throw a snow ball at their car – the noise inside is massive and sounds like you hit something 😉 – wait and see how quick they get out to check for damage…….

nickjb
    Free Member

and the roof

Absolutely. We were on the motorway when the the car in front of us (luckily in another lane) had a massive slab on the roof. The wind picked the slab up, it went about 10 feet in the air and crashed on the carriageway, still as a slab so it was pretty solid. Could have easily landed on the car behind.

mudshark
    Free Member

waiting to see at which point it all goes flying off.

Kinda but might take out a cyclist?!

My car looks more aero when covered with snow.

iainc

from observation on the school run, the bigger the 4×4 the less snow and ice gets removed from it before setting off…….

numpties 👿

retro83
    Free Member

There were quite a few pictures of this cool dude doing the rounds on Twitter:

Markie
    Free Member

Ah yes, the tank commanders…

mrmo
    Free Member

I trust that the police are prosecuting that driver????

mudshark
    Free Member

Nah won’t know who it is as they cunningly hid their reg plate.

spacemonkey

Well it’s an Audi driver so could easily be someone on here 😉

emac65
    Free Member

Notice how they cleared the badge to show they drive an Audi…………..

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

There are way to many idiots on the roads, I for one would be happy if some of the VED went to pay for some highway code enforcement snipers instead of more speed cameras.

Woody
    Free Member

Re ‘roof slabs’ – I’ve seen 3 people stop at junctions/roundabouts only for the slab decide it doesn’t want to stop and cover the windscreen – cue embarrassed driver having to get out and spend the 20 seconds doing what they should have done before they drove ie. clean the bloody roof!

FuzzyWuzzy

Although I fully clear my windscreen I didn’t bother with the roof but yesterday lunchtime it had slid down from the roof onto the windscreen, I only noticed after I got into the car and couldn’t be arsed getting out and scraping it so just used the wipers… Seemed to clear it fast but some snow packed behind them (bonnet side) and I ended up bending both my wiper arms, that’ll teach me to be lazy :p Must be some force on the wiper motor as they don’t seem to want to bend back.

I_Ache
    Free Member

seba560 – Member
    Nothing says I’m poor and stupid more than a snow covered car on the road.

My pet hate in the snow. Bloody idiots leaving snow all over their car. I always brush the powder off mine before even getting in it.

djglover
    Free Member

Drivers who leave a huge slab on the roof that is released into my windscreen as they accelerate rapidly and pull in front of me into the middle lane of the motorway

****ers!

legend
    Free Member

Even better when the snow slides down the windscreen but the car’s still moving!

konabunny
    Free Member

Always like to see cars with snowhicans. It’s like a faster version of Buckaroo, waiting to see at which point it all goes flying off.

A someone who used to live in a place where it regularly hit -20 over the winter, that feeling was a lot more ominous once you saw or imagined what happens when a few kilos of sharp ice whips off the roof of a car at 80kph!

Mister-P
    Free Member

It’s not that difficult to find out who the absolute ballbag driving the Audi is surely? Look, here is most of his reg number.

Driving without due care and attention? Reckless endangerment or something? They show absolutely no regard for other road users. I would happily seem them wrapped round a lamp post.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well, it’s definitely SN57 VHL It’s all over the internet and it seems many are affected by siliconosus-vaginitis when they tweet about it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Utterly bad form driving off whilst the vehicle is covered in Snow.

I always have and will always continue to clear my vehicles of Snow before driving on the Queens Highway.

“smug git”

philconsequence
    Free Member

i like to draw eyes on cars like:

when it snows, my road is currently a nicer place to live because of it, some people have even been adding smiley mouths and noses to some of them 🙂

matt_bl
    Free Member

I witnessed an accident a couple of weeks ago where the driver smashed straight into a parked car.

The driver was shaken up, so after I had located the parked car’s owner, by knocking on doors, I moved the car to the side of the road. It was so badly, frosted/misted that you couldn’t see anything apart from through a small ‘cleared’ stripe that had been most likely produced with the back of the drivers hand.

It literally could have been anything or anyone that got hit, no excuse for it at all.

Matthew

samuri
    Free Member

Once winter I scraped a heart of the windscreen of my wife’s car in the ice. Dead sweet and romantic, yes?

She complained I’d not cleared the entire windscreen for her arguing that would be far more romantic. And practical too.

PiknMix
    Free Member

So let me get this right, unless you remove all the snow from my car I’m obviously poor? Hahaha STW logic at its most bell endish!

slowoldgit
    Free Member

unless you remove all the snow from my car I’m obviously poor?

Surely one’s butler takes care of these tedious tasks, and has one’s car pre-warmed and ready?

D0NK

Nothing says I’m poor and stupid more than a snow covered car on the road

pretty decent (pricey) audi came passed me the other week, clear windscreen but rear screen (and roof) completely covered. Even my cheap ass roller skate-with-a-2stroke-engine comes with a rear screen heater.

So let me get this right, unless you remove all the snow from my car I’m obviously poor?

think he’s joking about expensive cars having heated everything, screens mirrors etc, of course doesn’t mean the (rich) bell end behind the steering wheel will switch the heaters on.

richmtb

In my experience its the yummy mummies taking Orlando and Safia on the school run in their Q7’s who don’t bother clearing their cars.

Then again the roof is frightfully high

Us proles in our normal size cars get on fine

seba560
    Free Member

I think it’s more a question of having to park on the street because you can’t afford a centrally heated garage. 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ this ^^

But then why would you park anywhere else, possibly at friends, but then if they haven’t got a heated garage where you could park your car whilst visiting, why would you have them as friends??

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Had a car following me down the A1 yesterday. Traffic came to a halt as it does now and then on a busy road. So I stopped. And so did he.

Full roof of snow then proceeded to slip off his roof all over the windscreen. The nugget then had to get out of his car on the motorway to clean it off. Sigh.

federalski
    Free Member

Real pros get the snow off their lights as well. Seen a few crashes through the years caused by obscured lights.
    One of which involved me 😥

pjt201
    Free Member

breatheeasy – Member
    Had a car following me down the A1 yesterday. Traffic came to a halt as it does now and then on a busy road. So I stopped. And so did he.

Full roof of snow then proceeded to slip off his roof all over the windscreen. The nugget then had to get out of his car on the motorway to clean it off. Sigh.

then some nugget on an internet forum called an A road a motorway 😉

breatheeasy
    Free Member

then some nugget on an internet forum called an A road a motorway

Sorry, the A1(M) to give it it’s full title…. 😀

oldgit
    Free Member

WTF goes through a someones mind

Their windscreen…bonnet etc!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘drivers not clearing their windscreens’ is closed to new replies.