Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Driver's in the cycle lane
  • jock-muttley
    Free Member

RTA 1988 Section 3 – applies to a road or public place

Happy to stand corrected by someone more knowledgeable 😛

surfer
    Free Member

Would the OP be yelling at an ambulance driving down the wrong side of the road. Or a police car?

Yes cos its all the same innit, saving peoples lives, emptying bins 🙄

project
    Free Member

Riding to work on tuesday morning, down a stretch of promanarde that is for cyclists and pedestrians only, in between New Brighton and Seacombe on the Wirral. About quarter of the way down I see a bin lorry driving in the cycle lane from about 500 meters away, I stay in the cycle lane getting closer and closer and the lorry showing no signs of moving until I am a few feet away. At which point I raise my arm and shout to the driver ‘this is a cycle lane!’, to which I get a torrent of abuse. Shocked, but not really surprised I carry on until I get to work, then I ring the council to make a complaint. The woman on the phone was helpful, but slightly dismissive, and she said I will get a follow up call from a member of management but without a reg. no. she wasn’t sure there was much they could do.

As a fellow wirral resident i cycle the prom frequently, on and within the cycle lane, and it is shared with Paramedic cars, transit type caged refuse collection vehicles, and big recycling compactors and un recyclable waste collection vehicles, along with an Armed responce unit a few months ago,the councils own security patrol then there is the RNLI, looking for people in trouble in the water, or who may have drowned, the Coastguard doing the same, and the Environment agency, all use the prom to access bins, used by some doggers to dump their little plastic bags of dog pooh, or as a route to an emergency etc.
    Also i would rather have a vehicle traveling slowly down the white lined cycle lane, as opposed to swerving all over the prom, to avoid cyclists, doggers, walkers, and kids whos parents have no control over them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jock-muttley
    Free Member

doggers

er…… you may want to google that term before you throw it around with such gay abandon

project
    Free Member

DOGGERS, people who exercise dogs, with little care for the environmnet,by dumping their litle packages where they like.

binners

ransos
    Free Member

By way of contrast…

I was taking my daughter to nursery yesterday in the bike trailer, and I got stuck behind a bin lorry on a narrow street. The bin man signalled to the driver to stop the lorry so I could squeeze through safely.

jock-muttley
    Free Member

clicky er not really

It may be YOUR term for dog walkers but it ain’t the rest of the UK’s…

+1 Binners :mrgreen:

oh link is deffo NSFW

martinhutch

I had to stand for 10 extra seconds at a pedestrian crossing this morning while an ambulance went through on red. She even had the cheek to acknowledge me with a wave. Doesn’t she know it’s illegal to go through a red light?

I’ve spoken to my solicitor and he thinks I have a cast iron case against her.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Scousers in getting lairy and shouting at each other shocker.

project
    Free Member

Jock -mutley. doggers,Its just another name, attached to a sexual act,stolen and reused by those who want a descriptive name for what they do, that doesnt ofend the masses,and can be used for doggerists.

The word doggers fits people who allow their dogs to empty their bowels on public highways and footways.

Just like people who walk faster are called joggers.

CALM DOWN -CALM DOWN, its only a scouse forum post.

richmtb

If it looks like a troll, walks like a troll and smells like a troll chances are…

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Maybe it’s the beer talking, but the OP seems like a right **** to me. Gives us cyclers a bad name

globalti
    Free Member

Yep, I’ve read this thread with almost complete disbelief; I can’t believe any individual can be so stroppy, up-his-own-arse and self-righteous that he can actually report council employees for going about their jobs.

But I’ve a horrible feeling he really did report them. Amazing. Thank God he doesn’t live next door to me; I pee on my own lawn.

….and to the OP, the plural of driver is drivers.

spooky_b329

‘antieverything’ obviously feels strongly enough about this to sign up to the forum especially so he could vent!

The bin men sound like idiots (inflaming the situation instead of just reasoning with you), but I suspect the bike lane is the safest place to be, at least everyone using the prom can see they are sticking to a marked path so they know how to keep out of the way.

Cougar

they are EXEMPT from this particular bit of road traffic legistation to access and service the street furniture

Out of interest, are they still exempt from it when they’re not accessing street furniture?

Northwind

bails – Member

How can the OP “have a claim”? He hasn’t lost anything or been caused any harm by this.

Well, other than his dignity and any hope of ever being taken seriously by STW. And probably, very soon, his second login.

grum
    Free Member

What was the driver’s in the cycle lane? 🙂

Pretty obvious troll. Some of you are way too easy to wind up.

takisawa2

I think the OP & the bin men need to calm down. Calm down…eh…eh…

glasgowdan
    Free Member

OP – you’re an ass.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Driver's in the cycle lane’ is closed to new replies.