Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Driver kills teenage cyclist – murder verdict
  • Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

have we done this yet?

Normal sentence in cyclist killing cases is usually £250 and 3 points isn’t it?

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

BMW driver, says it all really. Not sure why they had to point it out though…

lemonysam
    Free Member

It’s not your average road accident to be fair:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-22365576

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

BMW driver, says it all really. Not sure why they had to point it out though…

because it was stolen

ads678

So it’s a murder where the victim just happened to be on a bike then really.

samuri
    Free Member

bbc need to make their minds up about whether it’s manslaughter or murder.

glupton1976
    Free Member

No – he had plead guilty to manslaughter, but was convicted of murder. Not too difficulty to get your head round that is it Shirley?

makeitorange
    Free Member

From the links above:

Opening the prosecution case, Stewart Trimmer QC said: “This was not a road accident, this was deliberate murder. The weapon chosen was a car.”

Slightly different to an absent minded white man van.

antigee

A teenager on a bicycle was killed when a rival gang member in Luton deliberately drove on to a pavement at speed, a jury has heard.

all very sad, but a gang killing issue not cycling related

binners

The modes of transport, one of which was the murder weapon, are totally irrelevant really. But I don’t suppose that ‘Drug Dealer Kills Another Drug Dealer’ has the same sensationalist ring to it.

What do the police refer to theses incidents as? Scum-on-scum?

antigee

What do the []some police refer to theses incidents as? Scum-on-scum?

22yr old kills teenager – think in fairness to some police there are some who work pretty hard at trying to sort out gang related crime with the intent that this sort of waste doesn’t happen

samuri
    Free Member

No – he had plead guilty to manslaughter, but was convicted of murder. Not too difficulty to get your head round that is it Shirley?

I think I just about managed that but in the first bbc link it says he’s guilty of murder and then he’s pleaded guilty of manslaughter. Hope this helps.

hels
    Free Member

According to David Simon (writer of The Wire) in Baltimore police lingo a death involving drug dealer kills drug dealer is referred to as a “killing”, if civilians are involved it’s a “homicide”. Sounds like a sensible system.

samuri
    Free Member

oops sorry, my bad. Misread it.

idghost
    Free Member

Is there a difference between the term, ‘cyclist’ and ‘person on a bicycle’ when used by the media?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Driver kills teenage cyclist – murder verdict’ is closed to new replies.