Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Drivechain making racket?
  • jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Hi all,

My Drivechain was making an almighty racket today at Lee Quarry, easpecially in the climbing gears. I run 1×10 with expander and oval front ring (that went on a week ago for llandegla black but was fine)
    Today at Lee everything was fine until I was onto the rougher stuff, then it just constantly was clickig and creaking. Tried adjusting my screws on rear mech but with no luck.
    Any idea what I do?

Cheers

Stevet1
    Free Member

Check your chainring bolts are still done up tight?

daver27
    Free Member

How have you converted it to 1 x 10? sounds like chainline to me, usually is in the lower gears.

pop the BB out and swap spacers around to move the drive side crank inboard a few mm and/or add a chainring spacer or 2 to do the same if more is required or you can’t move the BB cups

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Yeah I think it is the chainline, that was my best guess, but I’ve had this set up for 1000 miles now? That’s what’s put my mind in doubt.

razorrazoo

Was it wetter and grittier than normal? – my 1×10 is very quiet in the dry but can sound like a bag of spanners in a washing machine once some of the Swinley grit gets into it. The grittier the mud the worse it sounds.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Yeah it was awful today.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I’ve jet washed it before work, I’m out on it tomorrow so hopeully it will be okay.

Sui
    Free Member

as said probably mud and grit. I though mine was going to fall apart for how it sounded when dirty, give it a clean and it’s as good as new..

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Cheers all.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Drivechain making racket?’ is closed to new replies.