Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Drinking
  • scotroutes

A few Boffs at a Uni I worked at a year or so ago, wouldn’t allow their children to drink pop containing Faux sugar.
    Read into that, what you wish.
    [/quote]Were they OK using WiFi?

scotroutes

That’s (seemingly) true. I’ve certainly noticed that after a strenuous weekend I could eat non-stop yet it’s actually that I’m dehydrated.

molgrips
    Free Member

A few Boffs at a Uni I worked at a year or so ago, wouldn’t allow their children to drink pop containing Faux sugar.

Read into that, what you wish

And that’s exactly it. Lots of rumours and internet about it, so scientists do study after study on harmful effects of sweeteners and they can’t find any.

At least, that’s what I found – anyone got any actual scientific studies I’m interested.

Solo
    Free Member

scotroutes – Member

Were they OK using WiFi?

Oh, wow! That was sooooo cool.
    :mrgreen:

Solo
    Free Member

molgrips – Member
    And that’s exactly it. Lots of rumours and internet about it, so scientists do study after study on harmful effects of sweeteners and they can’t find any.

At least, that’s what I found – anyone got any actual scientific studies I’m interested.

Actually, that was part of my point. I didn’t try to find the “truth” in an internet flooded with “truth” and “counter truth”. Instead I watch/listened to what those “ in the know” do.

If your a scientist/academic in the field, forbidding your children to partake shouldn’t effect your funding in the same way as if you actually “said” or “published” something.

If you didn’t know already (again a point I was making in a previous post) Science today, is for sale…..

IdleJon

Lots of rumours and internet about it, so scientists do study after study on harmful effects of sweeteners and they can’t find any.

Is anyone really doing meaningful research on the harmful effects other than the really nasty stuff? A study will show toxicity or carcinogenesis or whatever but is unlikely to show the fact that it causes migraines, or hyperactivity, for example, both of which I’ve seen happen to people I know.

Btw, I’ve some grounding in this with a degree in food science and quite a while working in the industry. However, that was a long time ago and I haven’t kept up to date. I’m quite comfortable telling my kids to avoid sweeteners and overly colourful food and drink, even if my evidence is really anecdotal, though 🙂

scotroutes

Hmmm 😉

IdleJon

That’s why I said it, you fool! 😆

deadkenny
    Free Member

Problem with Robinson and such squash stuff is aside from the dubious nature of sweeteners, there’s not much fruit in it (didn’t used to be any, just flavourings, now about 10% if you’re lucky).

At least fruit juice is fruit juice. Okay that’s naturally high in sugar. Didn’t seem to matter in the past and we got a healthy portion of fruit, vit c etc, and I don’t recall anyone getting fat just on fruit juice. But sugar is bad now m’kay (purely because statistically fat bastards cram too much sugar, therefore war on sugar. Same as happened with salt).

I use 50% high juice to flavour my riding water (and add a pinch of salt). Still squash and some nasty bits in it probably and being from concentrate the fruit juice probably isn’t that beneficial, but it’s half fruit juice and not mostly flavouring, colours, etc. I’m in two minds whether the sugar free or added sugar is better. Basically need energy in there, but then was put off the sugar from a story about a runner (or may have been cyclist, or both) who was downing energy drinks and gels and claims to have gone diabetic as a result. Flavouring water in the office though, no added sugar stuff but it does come with that questionable sweetener stuff.

alpin
    Free Member

I too find water boring. Drink lots of tea, which the GF insists isn’t water… :-/

Spent a year in Australia traipsing around the outback and even then only drank maybe a litre a day.

I find a dash of Robinson’s orange and mango makes it more appealing…. Which is a problem as it’s not available in Germany. That’s why I bought about 14 litres of the stuff back with me in December.

Coherent post by chewkw

dirtyrider
    Free Member

1x 2 litre bottle of Evian every shift, plus coffee – the work aircon/air circulator/heating drys me out

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Drinking’ is closed to new replies.