Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Drink driving insurance ad on here! Why?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Well that one took me by surprise, full banner at the top of the page offering cheaper insurance for drink drivers. 😯

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I was searching for it.

Jamie
    Free Member

I was searching for it.

While driving, I hope.

chewkw
    Free Member

Ya, because we love alcohol? Yes? 😆

wrightyson
    Free Member

This is the most “right on” place in the world. We don’t need solicitors or special insurance as we are all perfect, no?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

While driving, I hope.

Beer in the cup holder, rolling a ciggie and masturbating to something on the iPad. I need a handsfree set up I tell ya.

maccruiskeen

I need a handsfree set up I tell ya.

For masturbating?

wrightyson
    Free Member

That’d be called a wife/girlfriend and in Brizzle some things just aren’t achievable 😉

konabunny
    Free Member

Is it insurance marketed to people that already have convictions or is it an insurance policy that kicks in if you’re convicted? If it’s the latter, I’d be surprised that it was an enforceable contract.

BTW the ads that you see depend on your own browsing history. Naturally I get ads for Ferrari accessories, perfect perfume for supermodels, and first class flights to Martinique.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Well I certainly ain’t ever searched for anything like that.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well I certainly ain’t ever searched for anything like that.

That’s ok, because

BTW the ads that you see depend on your own browsing history

isn’t always true. It was obviously something in the site that was causing it to appear as it appeared quite a few times yesterday while I was browsing the forum. Sometimes, the stuff that appears is very connected to what I’ve been searching for, sometimes it’s related to the topic on whatever thread I’m reading, and sometimes it bears no relation to anything I’ve been browsing or searching for.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Nice one dd, I’m going to save your comments just incase hot milfs ever flashes up whilst the mrs has borrowed my phone 😉

bearnecessities

Beer in the cup holder

I actually saw that yesterday! Flatbed truck; in cabin cupholder, one pint glass that looked very much like it contained half a pint. Well, it did!

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Its probably insurance for people who like a drink whilst driving and let’s face it who doesn’t.if you get caught they probably provide a leggy blonde chaufeur until your ban expires. Or maybe not.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Beer in the cup holder
    I actually saw that yesterday! Flatbed truck; in cabin cupholder, one pint glass that looked very much like it contained half a pint. Well, it did!

Brings up an interesting question, are you allowed to drink booze whilst you’re driving? People drink coffee/water/cans of pop etc. I remember years ago my old man’s van had empty Newcastle Brown bottles all round the cab…

Mark

Some of the ads are contracted – ie companies buying the space directly from us.
    Some of the ads are retargeted – ie they operate based on your browsing history (pop over to John Lewis* website, browse through the lingerie section then come back here and see what happens)
    Some of the ads are contextual – ie they display campaigns relevant to bought keywords that are found in the body of the page. So if you talk about a topic often you quickly see ads based on that topic.

*John Lewis may or may not be still participating in a retargeting ad campaign. If they aren’t then try The Trainline website or Halfords.. Those are some I can think of off the top of my head.

Of course, for £1.49 you get to turn off all the ads and have the site work much faster for you 🙂

andyl
    Free Member

Brings up an interesting question, are you allowed to drink booze whilst you’re driving? People drink coffee/water/cans of pop etc. I remember years ago my old man’s van had empty Newcastle Brown bottles all round the cab…

This happened on one of the police traffic car TV shows. They pulled a guy over drinking a can of beer. He wasnt over the drink drive limit but it was frowned upon and I think he did get in trouble but only for not being in full control of the car as he was drinking IIRC. A cup holder is there to hold your drink until you are stationary.

CountZero

This happened on one of the police traffic car TV shows. They pulled a guy over drinking a can of beer. He wasnt over the drink drive limit but it was frowned upon and I think he did get in trouble but only for not being in full control of the car as he was drinking IIRC. A cup holder is there to hold your drink until you are stationary.

People have been done for taking a drink even while the car has been stationary, like at traffic lights, happened to a girl in Chippenham a while back, she was considered to not be in control of her vehicle, despite being stationary, and with the handbrake on.

MoreCashThanDash

Always good to know from the ads on “our” laptop when MrsMC has been on the Bravissimo site again 8)

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Drink driving insurance ad on here! Why?’ is closed to new replies.