Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Drilling frame for a stealth reverb Orange Alpine 160
  • wwaswas

<walks off whistling>

It’s got a CNC stem too.

I’m surprised you lived long enough to post the pictures.

jamesfts
    Free Member

I drilled my old frame … and I’m a graphic designer.

Is that guaranteed certain death?

wwaswas

I drilled my frame because brant told me to.

It let all the water out of the BB shell and thus contributed to it not rusting.

So the hole I drilled in my frame must have made it strongerer in the long term.

Stevet1
    Free Member

It’s got a CNC stem too.

Yeah but it’s okay because it was designed by an engineer, G sport George French. Not my bike however, an Eastern Grim Reaper (in Ti no less). There was a phase in BMX were people would “grim reaper” (verb) their frames in all sorts of places. I’m not sure how many died, I think people just realise it looked cack.

thepodge
    Free Member

George French, Sheffield BMX Legend

cokie

I need to try harder!I missed a bit..

photo uploading

wwaswas

inverjoe
    Free Member

I used the same grommet from Orange a while back to fit a reverb stealth to a cove stiffee hardtail. I also had to Dremel a hole inside the bottom bracket shell in order to pass the hose up through.this was done after I skimmed 0.9mm off the inside of the seat tube in order to take the dropper post. worth it in the end though…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Did mine at the weekend :

based on this thread :

http://forums.mtbr.com/turner/stealth-mod-drilling-holes-your-alloy-frame-917427.html

A Dremel was my friend…

Greg from Turner said that I could go a bit lower if I wanted but I do not want the bottom hole to be below the tip of the weld bead at the bottom of the pivot mount.

thezentone
    Free Member

Is anyone interested in sharing some pictures of their DIY drilled out seat tube. I’m about to attempt this on my 2013 Stumpy FSR and I’m nervous about the exact location (how close can I go to the welds??).

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Drilling frame for a stealth reverb Orange Alpine 160’ is closed to new replies.