Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Drift Ghost HD
  • cubemeup
    Free Member

anyone using a drift ghost cam?? if so are they as good or better than a gopro

DickBarton

I use one…I think it is better than a GoPro as the in-built screen allows easy checking of position and video captured. The interface is incredibly easy to use and the battery life appears to outlast a GoPro by a long way – we got 3 top end GoPro’s at work and the batteries last no more than 45 minutes…I’ve had 2 hours constant use out of by Drift Ghost HD and it still had battery left in it.

Depending on settings when you capture and export it I’ve had very good and very poor quality films on both…the raw footage appears to be on par with both devices.

GoPro appears to have more readily available mounts for it but I’m not needing a huge amount. Only real issue with the Drift is the helmet mount – fine if you wear a full facer with no vents, but useless for an XC lid – so I bought the Action Camera GoPro adapter to allow a standard camera mount to fit a GoPro mount and used the GoPro helmet mount.

The GoPro is a very good piece of kit but I think the Drift is better due to better battery life, remote control (I don’t think the GoPro has one by default – if it does then this doesn’t count), the onboard screen and the fact the form factor appears better (in my opinion) – it isn’t as tall and proud sticking out from wherever it is attached.

I think the Drift might also be slightly cheaper.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Drift Ghost HD’ is closed to new replies.