Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Dress codes (again)
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

I know. Lets just change any standards we like when we don’t like them.
    28 degrees. FFS that warm not hot. Why the fuss?
    Short sleeved shirts are not smart, they are worn by Israeli politicians and darts players. bet you don’t tuck them in either. That’s barely acceptable for those foul things in bright colours and palm trees on them when worn on the beach.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Short sleeved shirts are not smart, they are worn by Israeli politicians and darts players. bet you don’t tuck them in either.

A bloke I used to work with pulled out a tie from his draw to go with his short sleeved shirt when a director came round. We offered him a name badge with room for his gold stars 😉

ChrisHeath

when a director came round.

I think they’re called ‘conductors’.

jekkyl

pulled out a tie from his what Mike? back to the local FB selling pages with you!

binners

As with most sartorial matters, simply ask yourself… “what would Alan wear…?”

zippykona

Short sleeves.. I like.

zippykona

Well I needn’t have worried about being too hot down there. It’s a bit chilly. Some of the ladies will have hypothermia!
    The food was excellent and I had pigeon breast for the first time. Traps may be set in the garden.
    My main was beef cheeks which once again were superb but the veg stole the show. Cheese cake followed which obviously was sublime. Mr Roux came out and asked if our dinners were satisfactory ,which was nice of him. Skinny legs though.
    Three courses with water, wine and hot drinks including service £50 each. This is in a restaurant with 2 Michelin stars in the middle of London. Bargain.
    I didn’t let Mrs Zip see the bill as she must have thought I spent a fortune!

funkmasterp

Whoa, suit I can handle, but tucking in, unless with a full suit, means you are Jeremy Clarkson or really middle aged. If a casual shirt was supposed to be tucked in, it would be attached to a pair of pants / jeans / shorts. Wearing any kind of Hawaiian type shirt tucked in should be punishable in some way it’s akin to wearing socks with sandals in my eyes.

How was the dinner, worth the £50 jacket?

zippykona

It was a very nice dinner and one i fully intend to repeat……in the winter!

chubstr
    Free Member

robowns
    Free Member

I must have an unrefined palate. I prefer a BBQ style restaurant to when I had 7 courses at the chefs table in the Savoy Grill paid for by work.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Dress codes (again)’ is closed to new replies.