Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dreariest film ever: Cake
  • DezB
    Free Member

Bastards running my local cinema switched the film from Inherent Vice to the Jennifer Anniston (ooh, look what a wonderful ACTRESS she is!) vehicle “Cake” without informing me after I’d booked.
    So me and the lady are sat there and Cake starts. We both think it must be a short before the main film. After 20 minutes I look at her and go “W..t…f is this crap?”. After an hour, we realise whats happened and I go out and check with the cinema staff and find out yes, the film was changed. We left and got a refund.
    Cake was so bad, you can just tell exactly why it was made and why Anniston accepted it (“oh wow I get to say f..ing” etc.) It is terrible.
    Only the second time in my life I have walked out of a film.

johnners
    Free Member

I really liked Cake, but I’m not surprised you were a bit miffed if you were expecting Inherent Vice. I know I’d have been a bit pissed off if I’d bought a ticket for Cake and then someone sprung some Paul Thomas Anderson on me.

DezB
    Free Member

I don’t believe you, but what was it you liked exactly?

johnners
    Free Member

I don’t believe you

That’s OK, I don’t believe it can have taken you an hour without Joaquim Phoenix appearing on screen to realise you weren’t watching Inherent Vice.

I thought Cake was moving, painfully funny at times and well acted.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Inherent Vice is on my list! Went to see it the other night with a mate, and we got our times mixed up and ended up having to see Birdman. 😐

Birdman was excellent!! 🙂

Cake is not on my list.

What other film did you walk out on Dez? I think it’s only happened once to me – it was a Planet of the Apes film, but I can’t remember which one it was.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Btw, we did eventually get round to seeing that documentary made by the brother of the lead singer of The National. It sat on our Sky box for ages under threat of deletion apart from me saying, “No Dez from STW said it was good…” 🙂

Enjoyed it. Laughed a bit during it, but really kinda felt sorry for him in the end…your better looking, thinner, clearly more intelligent sibling goes on to achieve fame and still be cool and down with the indie kids and you’re left with making shit b-movies. 🙁

DezB
    Free Member

That’s OK, I don’t believe it can have taken you an hour without Joaquim Phoenix appearing on screen to realise you weren’t watching Inherent Vice.

That’s not what I said.

I thought it tried really really hard to be moving, funny and well acted. Ended up just looking like it was trying hard…and boring the life out of me.

Right about that National film DD.. Now that one I found moving and funny!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Cake isn’t on my list either. Jen should just accept she’s the female Hugh Grant of cinema – whispy talent good at light comedy and just – you know – let it go, luv.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dreariest film ever: Cake’ is closed to new replies.