Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Dreamweaver CC
  • Mounty_73

I am currently running Dreamweaver 8 on an old XP machine, the time has come to upgrade it all.

Where is the best (cheapest) place to get Dreamweaver CC from please?

Not sure if my new PC will be Windows 7 or 8 yet and I can see different versions of DW CC are compatible with different OS’s….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Subscription from Adobe? As far as I know Creative Cloud is available from them only as it’s cloud/subscription based.
    https://creative.adobe.com/plans?store_code=au

Mounty_73

Just having a read through some of it…..wow its all changed, it looks completely different! 🙂

ajf
    Free Member

How do you use it? If you code by hand maybe look at sublime text? A LOT cheaper and also a lot better/faster.

Allows you multiple installs on different machines all under same license.

I haven’t opened Dreamweaver in a long time and I haven’t even bothered downloading CC despite us having a full license here at work.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Subscription from Adobe? As far as I know Creative Cloud is available from them only as it’s cloud/subscription based.

+1

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s also usable on different machines on one licence

brassneck

https://creative.adobe.com/plans?store_code=au

What he said.

brassneck

How do you use it? If you code by hand maybe look at sublime text? A LOT cheaper and also a lot better/faster.

Take a look at Notepad++ too – plenty in there to save you time, and GPL – worth dropping the author a few quid.

AlexSimon

Unless you have a real need to manage sites that were built with proprietary dreamweaver templates, I’d move on to another piece of software.

I have Dreamweaver CC and it just doesn’t add anything that a good text editor doesn’t do. I still use it, because it’s not a bad text editor and I find the file management useful, but there would be no way I’d pay for it if I didn’t have the full cloud subscription.

A wysiwyg editor would have its place, but DW isn’t it as the preview isn’t up to modern layout standards, so any modern site just looks broken in it.

I tend to use a combination of Sublime Text 2 and Firebug instead.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Dreamweaver CC’ is closed to new replies.