Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Dream home office: inspiration required
  • saxabar
    Free Member

We’re looking to move home and one place we’re looking at has two barns attached. Although dilapidated, they are built out of local stone and have original beams going back to around the 1850s. They could be beautiful.

We both work from home a lot and the idea of gigantic offices sounds very appealing (woodburners, bikes, pool table, sofas, spare beds, etc). Got builders coming out with me next week to give us a ballpark quote, but we’re looking to spend around the £80,000 mark for both. What can we get with this? Visual ideas much appreciated 😀

Stoner
    Free Member

I’d allow £120-130 psf, £3k for a woodburner, and if you are buying new furniture for the office, another £500-1000 per workstation.

We built our home office as part of the barn conversion to a home. It’s a mezzanine floor at one end of the barn, around 250 sq ft. It is heated by a wood burner on the floor below, and doesnt have a pool table 🙂

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-zE-GHtwIJzY/VCKFj5ST_7I/AAAAAAAAKrQ/zV76dmn0ins/s640-Ic42/%25255BUNSET%25255D.jpg[/img]

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Don’t forget to add a think space and a break out area

saxabar
    Free Member

Looks very nice. Bet it’s gorgeous at night. Thanks for the £120-130 psf figure. I’ll do some sums

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Dream home office: inspiration required’ is closed to new replies.