Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • Dream Home
  • SaxonRider

If I could have my cake and eat it when it comes to homes, I would love a log cabin somewhere in the Canadian Shield. It would look something like this inside:

in a setting something like this:

What would yours be like?

IHN

It’s got no telly.

P-Jay
    Free Member

IHN – Member

It’s got no telly.

Yeah, can you imagine? Furniture wildly pointing in all directions, I can’t handle that level of chaos.

Dare I say it, perhaps you CAN have too much wood in your home?

IHN
    thestabiliser
    Free Member

Looks like the 70s have vomitted in a warehouse.

I’d like a certain 16th century farmhouse with views over the coniston fells. It might even happen.

P-Jay
    Free Member

For me, something like this

Pricy House in the Alps

It’s got the classic look of the usual Alpine Chalets, but it’s been modernised – it’s also got a Telly 😉

It would be a lotto win for me though, and I’d probably on stay there during the School Hols, I don’t care for skiiing and hate the cold.

I’d like an Apartment in Barcalona and something more ‘normal’ back home in Cardiff – I’ve managed to travel alot, but all things considered I really like where I live.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Dream house 2

Dream house 1

anagallis_arvensis

I always liked The Fall Guy’s cabin type place in California with hot chicks cigars and an outdoors hot tub.

molgrips
    Free Member

I like the location, SaxonRider, but I’m afraid I don’t like the house. I’d take one in Seeded with a similar setting but cool Scandinavian design and perhaps more insulation.

I’d also have an Edwardian house in the Welsh hills, and a modern flat in London. Or maybe an older one somewhere like Marylebone.

But maybe for Wales instead of the Edwardian house I’d buy some forest and design my own dwelling based on earth covered connected pods arranged around a central quad that was itself covered with a canopy and had a big fire in the middle. Quad would have furniture and comfortable stuff and dry, but still outside.

anagallis_arvensis

If I cant have The Fall Guys cabin, could I have clint eastwoods house from play misty for me?

Stoner
    Free Member

P-Jay. Hah! I know that one, I can see it from my hovel 🙂

mtbfix

Dream house by a Canadian lake? Midgie heaven, surely?

leffeboy

I’m guessing you have no children then 🙂

SaxonRider

Dream house by a Canadian lake? Absolutely. If you can’t handle the mosquitoes, then you have to paddle out farther from shore. Or bathe in DEET. Either way, the suffering is worth the experience.

@leffeboy: What do you mean?

SaxonRider

But maybe for Wales instead of the Edwardian house I’d buy some forest and design my own dwelling based on earth covered connected pods arranged around a central quad that was itself covered with a canopy and had a big fire in the middle. Quad would have furniture and comfortable stuff and dry, but still outside.

I spoke through plans like this with an architect a number of years back, for a beautiful spot near Mitchelldean in the eponymous forest. Alas, the idea was mooted out of hand by the council.

nicko74

Absolutely. If you can’t handle the mosquitoes, then you have to paddle out farther from shore.

It’s the blackflies you really want to watch out for. Hateful things, can utterly ruin your clothes with the blood stains. Deer flies are vile too, but fewer of them.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Something like this..

With an interior something like this..

Somewhere like this..

Sadly for me I don’t have anything like it , I’m a little bit depressed by that fact if I’m honest. 😥

Drac

SaxonRider

Nice, Drac.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I always liked that house from the end of minority report, but I’m not sure what that says about me as a person

slowoldman

SaxonRider

Frank Lloyd Wright. Good one.

slowoldman

No-one better.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Something compact and bijou overlooking the Mawddach Estuary, hopefully before the end of next year.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

No-one better.

Except Corbusier.

slowoldman

Nah.

Drac

Christ is that a 1960s public library? That’s horrid.

Houns
    captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Christ is that a 1960s public library? That’s horrid.

Which is testament to a building designed and built 40 years earlier. And there’s no accounting for taste either.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

http://search.savills.com/content/assets/properties/gblhralar160024/LAR160024_46_gal.JPG

456 hectares, pheasant and partridge shooting, chalk stream trout fishing, and a good income from the land and estate houses. Tidy.

A snip at £17.5m.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

456 hectares, pheasant and partridge shooting, chalk stream trout fishing, and a good income from the land and estate houses. Tidy.

That’s the sort of thing the Beckhams would buy, isn’t it?

Drac

And there’s no accounting for taste either.

Evidently not it’s awful.

leffeboy

@leffeboy: What do you mean?

No house with children is ever that clean and uncluttered. It’s Heisenberg’s second principle

timber

Bikebouy, my grandparents old place is just to the left of that view and the former father in law of my old boss to the right, nice place Tregothnan.
    The next inlet upstream is nice and quiet, with a bit of cheeky riding in the woods.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

It would have to be a fire lookout for me. Hidden Lake fire lookout in Washington state

The view isn’t too shabby on a clear day/night

rmgdsc76
    Free Member

Northwind

I need water, with the sun setting over it. Sea or lake doesn’t really matter. And space- couple of garages, room for machines and cars in bits and all that, room to do stuff and hoard stuff. Old stables or barn would be ideal. And trees, big old trees. But other’n that I’m pretty easy. If I could take Ardvorlich Cottage and its grounds from near lochearnhead, and drop it by the shore of Windermere, just north of Bowness, I reckon that’d do.

vickypea
    Free Member

Mine would be a cosy little stone house like the one I live in (maybe slightly bigger), but by the sea.

trail_rat
    Free Member

One with no too many neighbours.

A couple of garages/workshops.

Mainly the dream part would be for it to be paid off so i can get on with living life…..no desire to live in a massive house somewhere special.

Murray

Not sure I could live here all the time – no popping out to the shops if its too cloudy as the helicopter can’t fly.

Lovely place if you get the chance to visit – link

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Dream Home’ is closed to new replies.