• This topic has 15 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by 40mpg.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Dream Holiday Washout's !
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

In playa del Carmen in Mexico at the minute on our most expensive holiday to date and its persisting down,has been for the last 3 days and the forecast isn’t looking much better for the next week or so, can’t even go snorkeling as the beach’s are closed due to the rough seas etc and there’s only so much tequila u can drink!
    Wife even said and I quote” you should of bought that new road bike instead ” that’s how fed up she is !
    Cheer me up with ur holiday wash out stories 🙂

Harry_the_Spider
    stumpy01

Not mine, but my Sister & her husband decided on a last blow-out holiday before having kids and booked a snowboarding holiday to Whistler with a couple of friends.

Apparently, they had the worst snowfall in over a decade, loads of the normal areas were closed and what was there was really icy.

And on the first day, their mate broke his leg & spent the rest of the day in plaster.

Back to your holiday though – looking online it would appear that May-October is the rainy season in Mexico….trip advisor reckons an average of 21 inches of rain in June for Playa del Carmen….

We scrubbed several places off our honeymoon list because it would have been during their rainy season.

RobHilton
    Free Member

The rain made download festival a bit muddy – still a good crack though

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Heart bleeds for you mate !

jam-bo

i was on a ski/snowboard trip with someone once who exploded their knee about 30 yds off the first lift on the first day.

trail_rat
    Free Member

arrived in the alps in july with the bikes to snow and chillblanes after the first day on the bike…

poisonspider
    Free Member

My last MTB trip abroad, Whistler 2013.

Scrimped, saved, borrowed and sold some stuff to pay for a week out there and it tipped it down for 4 of the 7 days. This was made worse by the fact that the week before was scorchio and the day I left was the start of another lengthy dry spell!

In the end it cost in the region of about £150 per riding hour.

Gutted.

Booked for Italy in four weeks so fingers crossed that won’t be the same.

hooli

Just hope you don’t get the s*&^s as well 😆

globalti
    Free Member

You’ve got plenty of time so why not read up on the use of apostrophes in the English language?

stewartc
    Free Member

3 days riding at the Fujimi Panarama MTB park in Japan, 2 days of which was in torrential rain, the 3rd day was stunning but it turns out we had pitched up just before a national DH competition so they then taped off the best trail down.

Moses

You did check the climate before you booked, didn’t you? It’ss the rainy season from April onwards in the Caribbean.

I’ve had a very cold wet week in the Lake District before now, that wasn’t much fun.

johndoh
    Free Member

First morning of a skiing holiday and one of our party slipped on ice just outside the front door of the chalet and spent the week in plaster.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Swimming in the pool is usually a great option when its raining, normally deserted and in the rain it can even be quite ‘romantic’.

stevied
    Free Member

My sister-in-law booked us in for a weekend in March at Devon Cliffs caravan park using a Sun voucher. Cost us close to £30 for the weekend and it pissed down all weekend and we even had to put the hob on in the morning to heat the caravan…never again 🙄

40mpg

Maybe its not just me then:

Honeymoon in Jamaica in September – worst tropical storm in memory
    Majorca in June – storms
    Corfu – torrential rain and unseasonably cold sea
    Alps in August – torrential rain (had to dig trenches round the tents
    Brittany – same time as Boscastle floods – torrential rain
    Even went to Fuerta Venture this Feb and it was so cold and wet the island hed turned green – guide said no-one had ever seen it like that before!
    Oh and Majorca in August for a cloudy week with occasional deluge too!

Dont go where I go, when I go 🙁

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Dream Holiday Washout's !’ is closed to new replies.