Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Dream Guitar Amps
  • plumber
    Free Member

Following on from the other thread

Whats you dream amps – Marshalls, Vox, Fender, Boogie or something more boutique

Currently I have a 65 amps London and Ventura and a Divided by 13 CJ11

Cant see me needing anything else to be honest buts its taken me 30 years to get here

Plum

Lifer
    Free Member

Again been through mine, EBS Fafner:

Awesome tone and power (and named after a dragon) but just too freaking heavy. I’ve now got a TC Electronics mini rig I can (just about) carry to the station and on the tube.

Would love the Orange Terror Bass 1000 and a couple of their 2x10s though…

lodious
    Free Member

A bit like you, I’m really happy with what I’ve got, so I’ve kind of stopped looking. I tried a Bogner Duende a few years ago, which was interesting. I had a Goldfinger for a short period, and that was good, although not quite what I was looking for.

Mk1 Boogie would be cool. A Kemper might be fun. I’m a bit ashamed, I’m not really gassing on any amps at the moment 🙁

grievoustim
    Free Member

I’m not really up on modern amps

If we are in dream amp world then a 60s blackface fender deleuxe reverb

bikebouy
    Free Member

Two Rock, I know it’s a bit meh to some but the sounds you can hear come out of it by John Mayer clearly merits it’s inclusion here.

bigblackshed

Bass wise, has to be a Phil Jones Bass.

Off the shelf guitar would be a choice between a Mesa or a Blackstar.

Boutique stuff not really sure. Too many choices.

hopkinsgm

Had it sold it and regretted it ever since. Late 70’s Fender Twin Reverb, master volume model, with a pair of 16ohm Celestion G12H’s fitted and a crazy mix of completely unmatched valves in the power amp. A complete one-off combination that sounded unlike any other Twin I’ve tried since (and I’ve tried quite a few over the years to try and recreate that sound). The speakers were a large part of that amp – big impedance load meant the power amp started overdriving nice and early, and also meant you could wind the volume open without getting complaints from the other side of town. I miss that amp. 😐

RustySpanner

AC15 with a treble booster.
    A Mk 1 Boogie? Never played one, but y’know it’s going to be amazing.
    Or a nice Fender Bassman with a power attenuator, possibly a Deluxe or a Twin.

Good game this. 🙂

uponthedowns
    Free Member

One of these and a full range flat response powered monitor and I can have any amp I want.

bigblackshed

A frien has a Fractal. Mindblowingly amazing.

RoterStern
    Free Member

If I had a spare 3 grand I would get one of these. For heavy guitar work they are peerless IMO. I have been using a JCM900 for years and spent a lot of time trying to get a powerful sound out of it, including ordering special valves from Russia, all to no avail. It wasn’t until I discovered the joys of a good pre-amp that I have been able to get the kind of bottom end I had craved for so long. 😈

Atomizer

Something primal like a
    Sunn Model T amp and maybe a Hex cab to go with it.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

This was mine:

Custom faceplate for my band Longhorn.

Just grew out of the sound… Have a Randall modular system now

chiefgrooveguru

Awesome tone and power (and named after a dragon) but just too freaking heavy. I’ve now got a TC Electronics mini rig I can (just about) carry to the station and on the tube.

Would love the Orange Terror Bass 1000 and a couple of their 2x10s though…

Are you sure you don’t want one of these?

Been busy doing press shots! 😉

RustySpanner

Always, always fancied a MATAMP, lovely things.
    Just down the road too.

Which model was that one?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

1224 MKII

Lifer
    Free Member

I’ve never heard an unmodified Mesa that sounded any good.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I had a Dual Rectifier half stack – sounded awesome. You have to use the Mesa cab though and dial it in right – treble control is super-important.

Very easy to make a Dual Rec sound bad, but if you set them up right they kick ass. It’s what I ditched the Matamp for.

Gone to a 1×12″ combo now

racefaceec90

one of those axe fx jobbies for me 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

I would like an AC30, but this has an awesome sound 🙂

brassneck

1964 AC30.

Oh, look I have one right here 😀

brassneck

Had it sold it and regretted it ever since. Late 70’s Fender Twin Reverb, master volume model, with a pair of 16ohm Celestion G12H’s fitted and a crazy mix of completely unmatched valves in the power amp. A complete one-off combination that sounded unlike any other Twin I’ve tried since (and I’ve tried quite a few over the years to try and recreate that sound). The speakers were a large part of that amp – big impedance load meant the power amp started overdriving nice and early, and also meant you could wind the volume open without getting complaints from the other side of town. I miss that amp.

I have one of those too in a very sorry state in the garage. If you’re in the market for a resto job, drop me a message.. I kept promising I’d get around to it, but just never have had the time.

bob_summers

A bit lowly compared to those, but I would really like to get my 1st amp back. HH100w combo. Was good enough for Pete Shelley so…

molgrips
    Free Member

I know nothing about guitars or amps, beyond how to play one a bit. I have one of these:

Peavey Classic 30, all valve, paper cone, spring reverb. Is it cool?

wwaswas

They’re looking good Alex, you must be really pleased 🙂

RustySpanner

molgrips – Member

I know nothing about guitars or amps, beyond how to play one a bit. I have one of these:

Peavey Classic 30, all valve, paper cone, spring reverb. Is it cool?

They sound & look great to me, so yes. 🙂

Bit loud, so I got this for in the house:

which is a lovely little thing at low volumes. 😀

Due a revalve and a better speaker.

molgrips
    Free Member

I just love that it’s all valve. Don’t accidentally kick or knock it though when reverb is on.

CRRAAANNNNNNGGGG!!!!!

I got this for in the house

Looks great, what is it?

matthew_h
    Free Member

For me it would be an original JTM45 combo (the bluesbreaker), a Watkins Dominator (the triangular one) or a silverface Deluxe Reverb

RustySpanner

molgrips – Member
    Looks great, what is it?

A Fender Champ 600.
    Chinese made tribute to a classic oldie.

Only 5 watts, but it’s sounds great at all volumes and still goes bloody loud.
    If it had a headphone socket it would be perfect.

Just a volume control.
    Looks nice, really small, well made. 🙂

Got mine for £99.00 when they first came out from Johnny Roadhouse in Manchester.

Northwind

Think if I was getting back into it, I’d have to track down another Trace Elliot Speed Twin, it was lovely. Maybe not dreamy but very very good.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Boogie IV EV 12″ in teak with a basket weave front. Heaviest bugger I’ve ever lifted. I use a Roctron Octopus and have the amp in the effects loop of a Digitech GSP21 Pro,
    Very controllable and fun with all the channel switching done from the GSP floorboard.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

How is the ev12 speaker? Considering putting one in my Randall Rm50 combo – it’s a modular one so want a relatively clean speaker

lodious
    Free Member

Sunn Model T

Now that is an amp I’d love to try.

chipps

Ooh, I’m a bit late to this one. I currently own a couple of my dream amps – a Mesa/Boogie Lone Star Special and I have the loan of a JCM800 too. I’ve also got a Marshall 2100 (the Paul Weller-endorsed Lead and Bass 50, made 1973 kind of combo) which is simply too loud for anything.

Would love a Two Rock too. And probably something like a Fender Deluxe…

pymwymis
    Free Member

+1 Mesa Boogie Lone Star (but not the special)

scuzz
    Free Member

Klunk, what year is that strat?

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Dream Guitar Amps’ is closed to new replies.