• This topic has 50 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by aw.
Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Dream bike
  • dazzlingboy

Thinking about Shand, I wish I hadn’t clicked this link…..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shandcycles/

6079smithw
    Free Member

Or sell one of your awful (IMO) road bikes and get a Ti full sus!

takisawa2

That Shand flickr page…

Speechless.
    Just gorgeous.
    I need that green cross bike with the brown bar tape.

orangeboy
    Free Member

My current dream bike is to build the vitus road frame sat in my spare room

It’s an original from start of the 80s I think and it’s never been build up so is as new. And nothin at all to do with the current crc tat branded as vitus
    Problem is the seat post alone for it will be 200 ish off eBay let alone all the other shiny old campy for it

But next week I’m sure smothing else will change my mind

ctk
    Free Member

I am envious! If I were you I would get a custom steel road bike Swallow or Villiers velos would be my current choices. A proper bike fit and some handbuilt wheels wheels with a campag chorus gruppo. 3k I reckon?

You can then sell the boardman and buy a newer FS or 29er mtb.

I’m yet to see a bike I like in this thread 😐

This is quite nice, albeit useless in the context, as I have no idea what it would cost. Wouldn’t fit me either, but if I had to have something a bit special, I’d be looking in this sort of direction…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

is it? it just looks like another bland HT (fully rigid too) even the colour says DULL!

It’s not my dream bike mike, but if I were to have something as a keeper, then maybe the sort of lines I’d be thinking along – it’s a 29’er with custom ti frame btw.

If it were just a money no object bike, then I’d be looking at some £6k+ fully blinged carbon full sussers

mikewsmith
    Free Member

maybe I’m just not old enough to lust after custom ti rigid ht’s. I think over the years my dream bikes have been different each year so I don’t think of any of them as keepers. I think as I said earlier your dream bike is your next one.

disconoir
    Free Member

One of those new Thomson Ti bikes (but wait for the 29er)

or go custom, this caught my eye recently from Field Cycles (although why you’d go with a layback on a custom frame is beyond me)

aw
    Free Member

I am in kent

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Dream bike’ is closed to new replies.