Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Draytek router help
  • ratherbeintobago

What I want to do is to block YouTube from the kids’ iPads between certain hours. I’ve set up a filter to block YouTube between certain hours from the two MAC addresses concerned, but unless I’ve got the URL filter set to ‘on’ (which then block all YouTube access) it doesn’t actially work.

Any thoughts? 2760 running current firmware.

BaronVonP7
    Free Member

Possiby…

Bind the IPad Mac address to an IP address (under “LAN”).
    Set up one or more schedules (under “Applications”)
    Use a firewall rule based on the IP with a schedule (under “Firewall”, “Filter setup”).

ratherbeintobago

Thanks. Have tried that; the problem is that if I activate URL filtering (under the CSM tab) it blocks it for everyone and doesn’t adhere to the schedule, and if I don’t activate it there it doesn’t do anything.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    zilog6128

I don’t use a Draytek any more so can’t check if it works but what about this method?
    https://www.draytek.co.uk/archive/kb_vigor_contentfilter_scheduling.html

set up a schedule & keywords which are in effect over all computers on the network, then set exclusions (i.e. for your computer/ipad/etc) which won’t be affected.

ratherbeintobago

They’ve changed that bit of the interface, sadly, and now the scheduling seems to happen somewhere else.

Edit: I’ve worked out how to activate the filter without it blocking everyone but still can’t work out how to schedule it for two devices only

bewd
    Free Member

I made a copy of my configuration, maybe you can try it.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M4nKKdQ99gUMN8qONR6uC3XUmd7LK_qoc85JUz4b18o

scaredypants

2 routers in my house, one master and one as a bridge (or something) but with a different network id

somouk
    Free Member

You should use Open DNS, much easier and more controllable.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Draytek router help’ is closed to new replies.