Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Dragons Back at Coed. Please tell me about the cake half way round
  • tobyho
    Free Member

We're going there weekend after next.

Not ridden the Dragons Back before but I hear there is cake and tea half way round. Is there ? What's it like ?

aP
    Free Member

I've always ridden past, after all it doesn't take that long to ride all the way round….

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I've always ridden past, after all it doesn't take that long to ride all the way round….

That's not the point though. If there's good cake available, why not stop for it? 🙂

Diawl
    Free Member

It is superb. Shame there's a climb straight after.

tobyho
    Free Member

Is it a cafe ?

snakebite
    Free Member

middle aged couple sell tea coffee soup, sarnies, cake etc, they have a big bike rack and tables on there lawn…..20 metres before the tarmac climb. Always worth a stop. Last time they had just got back from a weekend in Amsterdam and were making some special cakes….

tobyho
    Free Member

Sounds great.

I've ridden MBR and Tarwr at Coed before. It was pretty rock for us Essex men on our hardtails..

Is the Dragons Back rocky ?

What's the best bit ?

What's the rockiest bit ?

How long did it take you chaps to ride ?

heavy_rat
    Free Member

A bit like my brakes. Spongey.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Its a great cafe and they do wonderful cakes & scones and the soup is real stick to your ribs stuff very tasty along with a big chunk of bread. Get fuelled up before the big hill. 😀

Diane
    Free Member

It's nice 🙂

forge197
    Free Member

That couple are the highlight of a ride around Coed puts the food at the centre to shame at least it did last time we were there. Worth a stop for sure.

MrGreedy

One of the best things about CyB in my opinion. It can get pretty busy though, especially if the weather's good – this is from a couple of weeks ago when we took a big group round.

Even so, there's plenty more picnic tables out of shot. Scary to think how many thousand pounds is hanging up on those bike racks at any one time too!

walleater

I think aP has managed to miss the only decent part of the whole trail! Especially if the long descent after the road climb has been killed?

aP
    Free Member

Well if you're going to make a special journey to somewhere in the back of bf nowhere to go riding it seems a shame to spend half the day eating in a cafe. I'd rather be riding than eating.
    I did my 2 visits last decade, won't be until about 2013 until I feel like going back.

james
    Free Member

"middle aged couple sell tea coffee soup, sarnies, cake etc"
    don't forget the scones and the ice cream ..

"seems a shame to spend half the day eating in a cafe"
    You could spend 20 minutes eating out in the sun instead?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Dragons Back at Coed. Please tell me about the cake half way round’ is closed to new replies.