• This topic has 15 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by jond.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • DR Who: Poss.Spoilers
  • cove123

So was it a classic one or not?

thought it was ok other than the speedy robot?

finbar
    Free Member

"I OWN THE LAWS OF TIME AND THEY WILL OBEY ME!"

Definite classic. Dr Who gets more badass by the episode.

rOcKeTdOg

gadget gadget

nuke

Well I enjoyed, as did my kids…they loved the rocket robot 😀

Coyote
    Free Member

My little lad (5) was terrified and bailed after about 20 mins. Took quite a while to settle him. Just catching up on i-Player now.

kimbers

i liked it

speaker2animals

Bit average IMHO. Sure kids will have loved the turbo'd robot. Be glad to get rid of DT and Mr Davis TBH. Though having said that the teen friendly new Dr and assistant have me concerned. Hopefully though Simon Moffat will inject some much needed new blood into the show. Well if it measures up to the classic new Who episodes anyway.

My general dislike of recent Who is too much shouting and running. When did Tom Baker or John Pertwee ever going belting about?

Coyote
    Free Member

That was awesome.

soma_rich
    Free Member

I thought it was great 🙂

jimster
    Free Member

Thought it was average myself.

Problem I have with it was, the sound balance was all to cock – the cast having to shout over the music, when they were running – was it meant to be comedy running? Also a couple of parts were padded out too much for my liking.

Why can't Dave rerun the classics – Jon Pertwee / Tom Baker era's?

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

i thought it was great too. the doctor who turned bad was good as well. not looking forward to the new doctor though 😡

can't wait til xmas for the next episode.

crazy-legs

Will be watching it on iPlayer later, was out last night.

genesis
    Free Member

Blimey!! Just watched it on iPlayer. The Christmas one looks awesome. Big up to Russel T. Davies and his writing team as well as all the cast and crew.
    My 3yr old has just sat through it and loved the robots, monsters and space rockets.

nickc

The "Who" backstory is just geeting to vast and unwieldy now though, isn't it? I mean the significance of the strange frond face thingy at the end clearly meant something, but what? and to whom? Can't just casually tune in, as half the references are to previous episodes that I've not watched.

There's probably a University course I could enrole onto isn't there…

GrahamS

Not seen the new episode yet, but was it this one:

The "Face of Boe" – if so then it is quite a central character.

There's probably a University course I could enrole onto isn't there…

http://tardis.wikia.com/

jond
    Free Member

>strange frond face thingy at the end

That was an Ood – fwiw I dunno the significance either. First time they appeared were as a kinda slave race quite some time back during Tennant's run, ISTR they've appeared again but I kinda remember much about it.
    Ah, wiki here:
    http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Ood

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘DR Who: Poss.Spoilers’ is closed to new replies.