Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Dr Who and Torchwood and gayness
  • kimbers

do people on here think that russle t davis is forcing his gayness down your throats and the throats of young kids by including gay references in his tv shows

in response to some very bitter stuff ive seen on other forums.

some rather nasty views amongst the geekiness imho

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

do people on here think that russle t davis is forcing his gayness down your throats and the throats of young kids by including gay references in his tv shows

No.
    I didn't even know he was gay (not that it matters at anyway)

kimbers

he is quite gay he did write queer as folk personally i think gayness is so under represented on tv and kids shows in general that some affirmatve action is needed

AndyP
    Free Member

I'm over 12, so I don't watch the programmes in question, but I don't have a problem with sexuality issues being included in kids' tv

tracknicko
    Free Member

wtf??

BigDummy
    Free Member

forcing his gayness down your throats and the throats of young kids

😯

Some would regard this as a slightly inflammatory choice of words.

cynic-al
    Free Member

OP are you a homophobe?

QAF was a great series.

footflaps

Can we have a separate forum for Children's TV?

grantway
    Free Member

LOL He is very GAY

nickc

What's you point, caller?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I am more offended by his gratuitous use of spectacles.

Every bloody tv appearence he wears them.

What is he trying to say? Just because you have normal eyesight your not as good as me.

Have you seen how many people are wearing spectacles now a days? It is bloody rampant.

I was on the bus the other day and there, bold as brass, was an advert for glasses. Right there on the bus where anyone could see it.

Well some would have to wear glasses obviously but there not the ones I object to.

It is these namby pampy, wishy washy, left wing liberals who think medically subscribed spectacles are a fashion item.

I have even seen them on children asyoung as 4 years old!

It is obscene and it is all down to Russell 'look at my spectacles' T 'I wear glasses don't you know' Davis.

and breath…

kimbers

im not a homophobe id deck any man who tried it on with me infact i ought to smash your head in for saying that

Bimbler
    Free Member

CountZero

There are two characters in Torchwood who are gay. So? There were three lesbians in Buffy. Again, so?

BigDummy
    Free Member

im not a homophobe id deck any man who tried it on with me infact i ought to smash your head in for saying that

I wish I knew whether this was brilliantly trollic or an attack of the galloping stupids. 🙂

nickc

Safe to assume the first? until the OP proves otherwise, of course…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

LOL @ BD! 😆

BigDummy
    Free Member

Reckon, aye. 🙂

woody2000

I bet he's a paediatrician too! 😀

kimbers

I wish I knew whether this was brilliantly trollic or an attack of the galloping stupids.

ahha! im an enigma

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

There are two characters in Torchwood who are gay. So? There were three lesbians in Buffy. Again, so?

In my opinion, the ratio of gay/lesbian/black/white/male/female or whatever should be nett neutral. I don't think that either of those two examples show a *generally* fair reflection of the sexuality of a random cross-section of the population. And I was particularly perplexed with the gay kiss scene from Torchwood at the end of the first or second series – it didn't seem to have any bearing on the storyline, other than to say 'look, he's gay, he's kissing another bloke and it's alright kids, why don't you all try it'.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

ahha! im an enigma

Is that this SingleSpeed version of being Gay?

dmiller
    Free Member

And I was particularly perplexed with the gay kiss scene from Torchwood at the end of the first or second series – it didn't seem to have any bearing on the storyline, other than to say 'look, he's gay, he's kissing another bloke and it's alright kids, why don't you all try it'.

I don't watch it – it looks rubbish – but whats wrong with a kiss on TV between men? Would a man and woman kiss in the same place have been questioned?

I don't care what people get up to sexually as long as everyone involved wants to play (and my wife only plays with me!). I don't get the big deal? Whats wrong with showing people that are gay to kids? Its part of the big wide world they will meet quickly enough growing up and if it seems normal to them for men to kiss men or woman to kiss woman then the worlds a bit of a better place imho.

David.

allthepies
    Free Member

Slippery slope innit, it'll be dalek reacharounds and lube next.

-> 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

but whats wrong with a kiss on TV between men?

Absolutely nothing wrong in it at all if it is relevant to the scene and plot.

I just think that any scene, be it of a rape, gay sex, heterosexual sex, murder, torture or whatever should be justified and relevant to the story enveloping it.

In that scene (IIRC) he was jumping back in time then his old boyfriend was randomly there for no reason and they had a long and lingering kiss. There just wasn't a reason within the plot to even have the boyfriend there – it was very odd.

kimbers

actually on the aicn talkback ive just been called a pro-heterophobic bigot!!

now im confused

im not gay either btw i know that coz i dont push back

miketually
    Free Member

Who are the gay characters in Torchwood? Capt Jack's not gay, in the traditional sense. I don't remember the term, but his sexuality crosses species boundaries, not just gender.

But that's not new, Capt Kirk often snogged aliens.

headfirst
    Free Member

Touchwood and Dr Woohoo! more like

dmiller
    Free Member

But that's not new, Capt Kirk often snogged aliens.

Yeah but female aliens dont give mastiles_fanylion an embarrassing stoner… 😆

(sorry mate – I couldn't help myself)

BigDummy
    Free Member

Is there any science fiction in existence where there is a romance (as opposed to tentacle rape) between a human being and some sort of revolting blob creature with a really great personality? 🙂

kimbers

red dwarf kryten and the gelf!

ianto was gay but he wasnt uber camp just pined after cpn jack a lot and was smartly dressed

marsdenman
    Free Member

Subtle difference XT….. were your average hetrosexual male be offered a quiet night in with the Torchwood boys I'd venture the offer would be declined, wheras a similar offer from lesbian vampires …..

IanMunro
    Free Member

russle t davis is forcing his gayness down your throats

That's a line almost worthy of Chris Morris 🙂

kimbers

futurama often has human/ blob love stories

infact teh beast with a billion backs is all about hum vs tentacled monster love

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I don't mind gays been on TV as long as their all fit lesbians! 😉

scaredypants

all about hum vs tentacled monster love

what has superstar components got to do with all this ?!

grantway
    Free Member

Cant see the point of this thread

jahwomble
    Free Member

couldn't care less, well I cared enough to post this but that's about it.

project
    Free Member

What is this gay you all speak of,the attraction of same sex couples to have sex with each other,as in the hetro sexual community male v female.

or are the gays you speak of,assaulted, badly beaten or even killed,by men and women who hate and detest the thought of man on man sex,gays who when walking down the street have obscene words shouted at them,who may be followed home,who may suffer blackmail,or discrimination at work,who some people think are child abusers etc.

or are they just fantasy figures,seen in tv programes as always being happy ,affluent and out.

As for kimbers wanting to hit someone who comes onto him, grow up.

grantway
    Free Member

LOL Sexy Kimbers

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Dr Who and Torchwood and gayness’ is closed to new replies.