Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Dpf light flashing!
  • MrOvershoot

Couple of links on resetting the service/DPF light on Mazda 6’s
    It worked for me anyway

http://www.cdn.dk/mazda6/tips.htm

http://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/general-tech-6/dpf-service-indicator-resetting-27440/

dmorts

Servicing costs aren’t higher. And DMFs and what not are not disposable items. How you drive has a lot to do with how well these things last, so there’s a lot you can do to preserve them.

Reckons 20k to 30k miles here – Petrol or Diesel I think this is where I originally read it.

My credit card definitely shows evidence of the potentially large bills facing buyers of second hand diesels they mention

molgrips
    Free Member

That’s assuming you buy new, or choose the same spec nearly-new car.

In reality though, most of us will have a set budget and choose a slightly older diesel for the same price. Which scuppers their argument.

And they seem to be assuming you’re changing your car every three years, which is madness. They say you should do 20-30k miles PER YEAR – that makes no sense unless you have a limited time in which to recoup costs.

Honest John points out that buyers of second-hand diesels might have cause to be more wary, arguing that somebody who spends £3,500 on a high-mileage diesel could face bills of £4,500 in maintainance.

That’s cobblers, you’d have to be extremely unlucky. You could get two new engines for £4.5k, or another whole car.

dmorts

Yes quite unlucky! But e.g. DPF and then DMF going would easily top £4500 in two shots at dealer rates.

Guess I’m one of the unlucky ones!

paul4stones

Slightly OT but related. My wife’s Mazda 3 has burnt through the pipe that goes to the DPF. The part is on back order at Mazda apparently, could be months. The garage (non Mazda but trusted local chap) suggests getting the DPF removed and the ECU remapped,etc for £500 rather than waiting for the part. Given the discussion ^^ about the legality or otherwise what do folks think?

paul4stones

Too late last night to ask.

renton
    Free Member

Paul4stones… it depends on which engine your wifes mazda 3 has.

Ive struggled to find anyone that can remove the dpf on the newer 2.2 diesel engines.

The older 2.0 deisel was a piece of wee wee so Im led to believe.

Wrightyson, your car sounds a bit like mine to be honest. mine is a 60 plate and has just clocked over 58k. the previous owner was lex although it was a lease car to a company director and it spent most of its life so far sat on the motorway.

Touch wood its not missed a beat yet and hopefully the new owners will have a lot of fun in it(when I finally find a buyer that is)

paul4stones

1.6 57 TS2

Back to the OP I discovered that the flashing DPF light on my Mazda 6 2.2 meant the cam chain had ‘stretched’. Luckily replaced under warranty, partly funded by Mazda . . .

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Dpf light flashing!’ is closed to new replies.