Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • DPF issues… Talk to me
  • renton
    Free Member

Erm no, I had a blocked DPf and the fluid ran out.

EGR didnt help things either.

molgrips
    Free Member

The fluid ran out.. so the car wasn’t maintained properly. Not necessarily your fault of course since for some insane reason Ford don’t like telling people that their cars need fluid.

But like I keep saying – your DPF can get blocked BECAUSE of some other engine fault causing smoke. This is not a DPF problem it’s an engine problem!

mc
    Free Member

Weeksy, the DPF differential pressure sensor pipes and the sensor are known trouble spots on mondeos. The pipes burst near the sensor, but the sensor itself apparently fail often. Had to diagnose my bosses last month, and the dealer parts guys knew exactly what was needed, which is sign it’s a common fault.

Brassneck, that sounds like a known injector issue, which Ford issued a PCM update to fix. Can’t remember the exact details, but it was something to do with injectors being out of tolerance in relation to their correction code, which they fixed in software.

As for the Eolys fluid, it’s actually a fuel additive. Everytime you open the filler cap, it triggers a doping routine and pumps some into the fuel tank. The theory behind it is it helps reduce the temperature required to carry out an effective regen.

And regards those going on about active/passive regens, there’s no difference. All regens involve additional fuel passing through the exhaust system which hits the catalyst raising the temperature above 600degC (700-800 is not uncommon during regen) before the gases pass through the DPF burning of the accumalated soot in the process.
    High engine load or speed isn’t usually needed, just revs maintained above 1500rpm to ensure there’s enough flow through the exhaust.

Some vehicles will flash a light to let you know a regen is happening, some won’t, some will flash a light to let you know a regen is needed and to go for a long drive, some you’ll never notice a regen is happening, while some you may notice a bit hesitation and/or some smoke from the exhaust.

As for how often a regen occurs, the engine management monitors various sensors, and using some black magic calculates the soot load, and then triggers a regen when suitable criteria are met.

simmy
    Free Member

My Fiesta went into Regen in the middle of a lesson and my Student thought she had broke the car there was that much smoke coming out of it.

I told her she had 😆

garage-dweller

^^^^^ You are a very bad person. 😆

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘DPF issues… Talk to me’ is closed to new replies.