Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Downtown Houston – how to pass a few evenings?
  • benz
    Free Member

Couple of work trips to Houston now planned having been there last week.

However, not a huge amount to do…so did Galleria for shopping, Baseball game, steak house, etc.

Not interested in biking, but anything else to occupy one during an evening apart from eating and lounging by the hotel pool?

Hooters and Fuudbakkers indeed…..

busydog
    Free Member

I lived in HOU, but it was so long ago that I just can’t recall any great ideas around the downtown area. I just emailed a friend who lives in HOU to see if she has any ideas.
    Are you staying downtown? Will you have a car rental or confined to the downtown area?

juanking

Wasted many an evening in the Yardhouse, infact I’m heading there on Monday for 10 days. Suppose it depends on where your staying, I usually stay in the city centre. The museum of natural science is worth a visit as is a game of ice hockey. When you heading over?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trail_rat
    Free Member

Where you staying ?

Ice Hockey game is good fun

Failing that we wasted some time at the brickhouse and papa deauxs ( fish to die for )

House of blues wasnt bad if your into that sorta thing – wasnt cheap though

Houston centers fookin wierd – always looks dead on account of tunnels
    was it washinton street or wellington street ? I cannae mind but a lad i was out with made some lady friends who took us out on the town on said street ! Good night except one of their boyfriends was a fooking nut case ! finished it off line dancing at some honky tonk bar !

juanking

I normally stay in the Sorella, you stay in the Deen too eh Ratty. When you heading there Benz?

trail_rat
    Free Member

im in the shire anyway – try to stay out of the city tbh

DrJ

Best thing to do in downtown Houston is kill yourself.

Or go eat Vietnamese food at Kim Son, then kill yourself.

allthepies
    Free Member

Are many US cities like this ? Major city, heard of worldwide and by all accounts fark all to do of an evening 😆

Spent a week in Dallas a few years back on a corporate jolly and that had that “vacant” feel to it in the centre.

DrJ

Are many US cities like this ? Major city, heard of worldwide and by all accounts fark all to do of an evening

Houston is probably the most extreme. Poeple work downtown and then bugger off home to their cardboard box in a sterile housing estate. I was there 5 years – worst years of my life.

anjs
    Free Member

My wife grew up in Houston and having been there numerous times. I can tell you that have done all there is to do downtown. Basically eating or shopping and that about it. Oh yes enjoy the heat and humidity this time of year.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’ve had spare time when visiting Houston on business and would concur that you appear to have done most of what can be done downtown. I was fortunate enough to get tickets for a Rockets v Yankees baseball game, which was fun, including getting some locals to take us around various bars. Barring that the city centre seemed to be completely dead.

I quite enjoyed shopping in the Galleria though – biggest shopping complex I’ve been in.

We did go to quite a few decent places to eat. I was in the Hilton Houston Southwest, which is not far from the Galleria, and there were quite a few bars etc near there.

DrJ

At this time of year you will have to stay indoors, or in your car, so exploration is limited. Montrose is not far from downtown, and is the most “European” style area.

messiah
    Free Member

I borrowed a complete turd of a bike and hit up the Ho Chi Min trails in Memorial Park… amusing for a few hours.

Find one of the huge adult imporiums and onanist yourself into a frenzy in your hotel room?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Downtown Houston – how to pass a few evenings?’ is closed to new replies.