Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • downloading films – missing endings
  • firestarter
    Free Member

Being a technophobe ive not tried before to download a film but I finally tried the other day. All seems well on films of less than 2 hours but anything over and they get to around 2hrs 4 mins and turn off

This is via a torrent if thats any help

Any ideas thanks

jambourgie
    Free Member

Karma?

jekkyl

How do you know it’s the file itself. I have the same problem if copying the film to a USB stick to play through my ps3, so make a new folder within the stick and copy it twice.

Does the file size correspond with the stated size online.

firestarter
    Free Member

Not sure what you mean re copying it twice

mikewsmith
    Free Member

1) Legal disclaimer – you know it’s illegal don’t you
    2) Check the comments on the torrent page or pick the more popular one
    3) Whats the file size? what are you trying to play it on?
    4) If your a proper technophobe then either buy/rent the film or get an online streaming service.

firestarter
    Free Member

Files are less than 1gb and playing from a hard drive they play fine up til over 2 hour point . Cheers

apj
    Free Member

When you say turn off, do you mean the film ends, or the device turns off? Some devices turn off/hibernate after a while without user input (pressing buttons/moving mouse etc).

Have you tried zooming to the end of the file in whatever you’re using to play it?

Might be that the film is in several parts and you only have the first bit?

Otherwise I can only suggest you ask for a refund.

jekkyl

playing from a hard drive you say.
    Is that the hard drive where it was orginally downloaded to? and then how are you watching it, on a pc monitor or a tele?
    by copying it twice I mean copy and paste it once to wherever it’s going, then make a new folder and paste it into there as well.

lilchris
    Free Member

I don’t always get to the end of movies I download over the internet.

firestarter
    Free Member

Jekkyl download straight to hard drive then playing on smart tv via usb lead. Films of less than 2 hours are fine anything longer wont work

It looks on the display that film us there and its shows having 2hr20mins but goes off at 2hr4mins for all films very confusing

sandwicheater

/\ 😆

johnners
    Free Member

by copying it twice I mean copy and paste it once to wherever it’s going, then make a new folder and paste it into there as well.

Say what now? Why would you want to do that?

jekkyl

works for me sometimes johnners.
    Firestarter, I don’t know how to help you, if it happens on all films it’s a hardware issue, so try other methods.

firestarter
    Free Member

Will have a play around thanks for the help

smuttiesmith
    Free Member

Or try paying for a genuine version? Works for me and thousands of others I believe.

unovolo
    Free Member

I’d try watching the same film via a PC or laptop to see if it does the same.

It could well be some sort of sleep setting on the TV kicking in ,might be worth having a look through the manual or play around with the menus.

firestarter
    Free Member

Will do thanks

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘downloading films – missing endings’ is closed to new replies.