Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Download STmag on ipad – how?
  • cmjdavies
    Free Member

Proud owner of new ipad 4. What’s the best way to read single track on it? I’ve got a premier subscription.

wolly
    Free Member

look for it in iTunes i think

GrahamS

iTunes app doesn’t work for subscriptions yet (unless you are in beta test group).

Best way for now is to download the high-res PDF from the mag archive then read it in iBooks or GoodReader.

http://singletrackworld.com/ios-instructions/

philfive
    Free Member

Way I do it is as grahamS has said.

cmjdavies
    Free Member

Thank you ill try that

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep pdf and view why download an app when a bookmark is so simple

GrahamS

Yep pdf and view why download an app when a bookmark is so simple

Because the app version is different: embedded videos, navigation, different layout etc

muggomagic

The app version is far better than the PDF copy. Now that the issues i was having with the app are all sorted since the last update, I’d go as far as saying it’s worth the subs price alone.

Prophet2
    Free Member

I use Dropbox. Download onto laptop from STW. Then copy into Dropbox and open into iBook on iPad via Dropbox. Looks stunning in HD.

limkilde
    Free Member

On my Ipad 2 I use the epub version and read it in ibooks, works fine

eyerideit
    Free Member

You can use Good Reader or Bookman as well.

Just log in to your account through the inbuilt browser then pick which one you want.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Except the the app still doesn’t recognise your full digital subscription yet…

GrahamS

I use Dropbox. Download onto laptop from STW. Then copy into Dropbox and open into iBook on iPad via Dropbox. Looks stunning in HD.

Errr… why? You can download the same thing, on the iPad in Safari, then open it in iBooks – without faffing around with a separate laptop or Dropbox.

Mine does 😛 (beta test)

muggomagic

Mine does. You must be on the “STW value” subscription.

eyerideit
    Free Member

hammyuk – Member

You need to go into your premier account section and click the share details with pocket mags tab. Then you’ll be contacted when the account’s set up so you can download through iTunes.

cmjdavies
    Free Member

I want to be able to read offline so Graham’s first suggestion works great.
    Eyerideit – ace I’ve just done that too so will take a look when it goes live

cookeaa

Out of interest will ST be launching an android app or publishing via Google play as they’ve added magazines to it now.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Out of interest will ST be launching an android app or publishing via Google play as they’ve added magazines to it now.

Don’t be silly it’s still not cool enough!! And we can just download it and read the PDF

GrahamS

🙄 Yes, as you can on the iPad/iPhone mike, but the PDF lacks embedded videos etc.

grum
    Free Member

When can we get the app if we’re not on the beta test?

GrahamS

According to the above grum it is out of beta test now – thought that’s the first I’ve heard.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yes, as you can on the iPad/iPhone mike, but the PDF lacks embedded videos etc.

Just like the actual mag!!

hammyuk
    Free Member

eyerideit – Member

You need to go into your premier account section and click the share details with pocket mags tab. Then you’ll be contacted when the account’s set up so you can download through iTunes.

Already been there and done that within an hr of that option going live.
    I’ve yet to be contacted with the details by PocketMags – they really are a shower of sh*te.
    They don’t reply to direct emails let alone via the app or this forum…
    It’s taken them an age to sort the joke that they call the Singletrack App – their suggestion of “delete the app and install it again and it should work” was brilliant….

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Download STmag on ipad – how?’ is closed to new replies.