Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Download Festival – Porcupine Tree – superb!
  • psychle
    Free Member

Back from the Download Festival, brilliant weekend with a stack of the big names of Rock on show, but for me one of the best highlights was 'discovering' this fabulous English group, had never heard of them before and was blown away by their set on Sunday… it's good to find something new! If you haven't given them a whirl, have a listen, they're very good! 8)

Highlight of the weekend was Joel O'Keefe of Airbourne free climbing up the scaffolding of the 2nd stage to play a solo and sing from the very top railing! Fookin brilliant stuff, totally mental considering it was raining and the risk of falling must have been massive 😯 !

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

RAWK!

Porcupine Tree do indeed rock in a vaguely proggy kind of way!

Airbourne rock in a very old fashioned tub-thumping sort of way!

SST
    Free Member

AC/DC on friday?

psychle
    Free Member

Yep, they were brilliant – a long held dream to see them live was fulfilled that night (in truth, it was the sole reason we bought tickets to go in fact!), thankfully they were absolutely as good as I hoped they'd be!

Slash on Sunday was bloody good as well, especially when he pulled a couple of Gunners tracks out of the bag, Sweet Child of Mine & Paradise City, along with Slither from the VR days… made my day to hear Sweet Child of Mine live!

Oh, and Saturday night, crushed up against the front barrier within spitting distance of Chino and then Zack for 2hrs plus, that was… FOOOOOKIIIN AWWWESOME!!

Though, my ribs are killing me today… 😆

Taff
    Free Member

Really wanted to go, what an awesome line up. Went to IoW festival instead, why do they always collide

TheDoog
    Free Member

Ooo, front row for the Deftones! The new album blows me away, some amazing stuff on it!

psychle
    Free Member

Ooo, front row for the Deftones!

'twas superb, and then to have Rage afterwards, well… what a night to remember (or have vague memories of at least, as the case may be 😉 ) And yes, Diamond Eyes is a bloody good album isn't it!

gavinski
    Free Member

All good, but i was gutted to miss Steel Panther, we were watching motorhead and should have had time to catch most of steel panther, but we didn't notice (ahem) that motorhead had come on late.

Joel's climb was proper rawk – definite death if he fell, specially with an SG on his back – ouch. a bit strange really, when you are lost in the moment (watching i mean) it seemd like rock and roll, but today in work as a responsible adult i'm thinking it was just plain stupid.

psychle
    Free Member

i was gutted to miss Steel Panther

DEATH TO ALL BUT METAL! 8)

a bit strange really, when you are lost in the moment (watching i mean) it seemd like rock and roll, but today in work as a responsible adult i'm thinking it was just plain stupid.

Oh it was stupid alright, but brilliant all the same, glad he didn't fall, would've spoiled the weekend a bit!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Download Festival – Porcupine Tree – superb!’ is closed to new replies.