Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • downhill track in kentmere?
  • grumm
    Free Member

Met someone while doing the Megavalanche who said there was a downhill track somewhere near Kentmere, anyone know anything about it? He did describe where it was but I can't really remember.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

It's in HP Plantation, to the left of the bridleway as you go down

grumm
    Free Member

Edit – just found it 🙂

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

If I remember correctly, someone has built some badly built but fun woodwork in a wood on the edge of the village aswell. Good for a slight de-tour.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

on or around Hellwell lane, maybe!!!! in a little wood. Looked like local kids had built a few little lines of interest with bits of woodwork included. It was a year or so ago, so might not be there now.

crazy-legs

There's 2 or 3 lines down a hillside, not long. A few (slightly rickity!) bits of "North Shore". It's quite technical in places too, a few tight corners. The local kids are ridiculously quick on it – don't try it when they're around or you'll feel thoroughly inadequate!

mrpink
    Free Member

The DH track has now had a gate and padlock put on with a private sign! due to the amount of people turning up it,it was no longer locals only.

ridethelakes
    Free Member

I went down it once, never again! Must be getting old…

Here's some pics:

ridethelakes
    Free Member

If I remember correctly, someone has built some badly built but fun woodwork in a wood on the edge of the village aswell. Good for a slight de-tour.

Thats all been demolished and removed now. Probably for the best it didn't look too safe 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘downhill track in kentmere?’ is closed to new replies.