• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Downhill in the Peak District
  • mattnuttall
    Free Member

Anyone know of any downhill in the peak district as im struggling
    Thanks
    Matt

Blower
    Free Member

🙄

dont know of any downhill,but i know some downhills.

jimmy

Does Wharncliffe count as Peak?

mattnuttall
    Free Member

Thanks jimmy found a good route in Wharncliffe woods

ahwiles
    Free Member

if it's Dh style darnillin, you do need to be a bit creative…

Bunnyhop

There are DH tracks at Macc Forest, Farmer John's in Marple, and a quarry in Oldham. Nothing in the peak district itself though as far as I;m aware.

The farmer John course is private, for a small fee you can ride when you like.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Macc forest track is a club run too – locked from the general public for safety reasons. Join the facebook group to find out when someone is up there…

HansRey

what about looking at routes on blacka moor. Dore drop…. otherwise, all the purpose built tracks not listed previously are secret. Good luck!

AndyPaice
    Free Member

HansRey – Member

what about looking at routes on blacka moor. Dore drop…. otherwise, all the purpose built tracks not listed previously are secret. Good luck!

Well that's a good idea. There's already been cheeky Blackamoor trails blocked off by the Sheffield Wildlife Trust rangers due to downhillers building illegal tracks through the Blackamoor SSSI (the whole of Blackamooor is a SSSI).

Rode a beauty in the Amber Valley (South of White Peak) the other night, but cannae tell where it is – sorry.

HansRey

i know of two routes around dore drop which are bridleway classified, and are nice, quick dh routes. Obviously i wouldn't know of these blocked off routes though …. http://www.wildsheffield.com/Sheffield/uploadedFiles/Sheffield/Reserves/FINAL%20Leaflet%20Blacka%20Moor.pdf

you could also go to hollinsclough. I've heard that it's nice and steep around there

nbt

There are some proper mental legal bridleway routes round hollinsclough. Famer john's and macc forest as mentioned as full on DH courses and require membership, you could also check out northwestriders.net, they're a DH-oriented bunch based out of Oldham, I think they were planning to build some trails in a quarry

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Downhill in the Peak District’ is closed to new replies.