• This topic has 18 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by deus.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Downhill bikes: YT Tues Ltd v second hand v anything else?
  • ianv
    Free Member

Currently ride a stinky delux but the frame has taken a battering this year and probably could do with replacing. I have sort of decided to go the whole hog and get a proper downhill bike next time. This seems a killer deal:

http://www.yt-industries.com/shop/index.php?page=product&info=268

Any other bikes that come close in the brand new VFM stakes?

Also looking at a few 2nd hand ones, a tr450 (£1959 ish, but with boxxers)and an Operator with 888 rc3ti (£1700 ish).

So what to do? second hand and if so what? (max £2500), hang on for the Tues Ltd or look elsewhere?

Thoughts, suggestions, opinions appreciated.

empireofthefun
    Free Member

It’s a no brainier IMO
    The Tues wins hands down on the vfm stakes

neilforrow

YT – you could get somthing gerat 2nd hand, you could get a shitter.

I know of a 2010 V10 for sale for that money, however, I would take the YT over it. It is fully loaded.

A friend has a one of the std YT tue’s out in Bourg (alps) and has been getting a kicking regular. No probs so far…

Rosss
    Free Member

If you can hold off for a while YT hands down. Last years LTD YT didn’t turn up until may time ish, Could be different this time mind.

jimjam
    Free Member

Factor in the cost of a bushing/bearing kit and a shock and fork service on a second hand bike. I’d definitely rather have a warranty and a new bike. Having said that I’d rather a shop I could walk into to deal with any potential issues.

ianv
    Free Member

One of the benefits of the tues, as I see it, is that the bike is set up for rider weight. I am pretty light so any off the shelf bike will probably need new springs. Leaning heavily towards the tues, anyone ridden one?

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Fancy a s/h Scott Gambler?

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

How exactly is it set up for rider weight? (serious question)

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Id have to ask are you 100% sure you want a full on 8″ bike?

For over here a 7/7 like an SX or Canyon Torque or YT freeridey one?

tomhoward

@theroadwarrior, different springs in the forks and shock I should think.

ianv
    Free Member

@theroadwarrior
    , different springs in the forks and shock I should think.

As said, Lighter springs all round, at 65 kgs standard suspension is too hard.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Can you look at the second hands or are they online?
    Seeing the second hand bike should tell you what to offer.
    Check out crc for any operators left over.

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

As already said, YT, no brainer.

grum
    Free Member

For over here a 7/7 like an SX or Canyon Torque or YT freeridey one?

Don’t think he is over here. 😉

The YT looks ridiculously good VFM. I did hear some rumours about them snapping but I couldn’t find much info on it at all.

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

grum – I did hear some rumours about them snapping but I couldn’t find much info on it at all.

2010 Tues 1 chain stays I understand, fixed for 2011. Tues 1 remains in the line up, with upgraded components for 2013, alongside the Tues 2.0 and also ridiculously good value at €1899 or just over 1500 of your English pounds.

ianv
    Free Member

Certain 🙂

Beginning to have some doubts about the YT to be honest. Although the componentry is bling, I seriously wonder how easy it would be to get some of it sorted out if it broke during a trip. WTF will have spares for E13 wheels or BOS in somewhere like Valnord? Also, there seems to be a lot of noise about the reliability of BOS. Then of course you part with your money in December and hope that the bike arrives in time for the summer. Really not 100% convinced any more.

Current thinking is something less bling and exclusive, something like this:

888 rc3 ti evo, rocco shock, currently on pinkbike @ £1700, good deal?

mattr
    Free Member

If you’re after a large this has got to be hard to beat:

Canyon Torque FRX 6.0 2012 Clearance

grum
    Free Member

If you’re not keen on the BOS suspension why not get one of the models with Rockshox?

deus

It does look like a good deal.

I do have an air shock on my Sunday (small) which i could be persuaded to part with….

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Downhill bikes: YT Tues Ltd v second hand v anything else?’ is closed to new replies.