Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Downgrading from Poploc remote
  • Mowgli
    Free Member

Just picked up some Rebas which have the Poploc remote installed, but I don’t want the clutter on the bars. Does anyone know which bits I’d need to take it back to a simple lever on the crown? The kit on the Sram website seems to suggest a load of the internals have to be swapped out.

Thanks!

Mowgli
    Free Member

Should have googled. Just found Peter Poddy’s handy guide here.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

YGM

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Mowgli
    Free Member

Just looked a little closer; it seems although the sticker says Motion Control, it’s actually not (I thought Motion Control would have the silver/gold mini knob in the middle of the blue one?). The black hex in the middle is plastic – the silver screw is self-tapped into it. Can anyone tell me what sort of damper this is?

I will probably just unhook the spring inside the damper and then use the same blue knob with something sticking out to switch on/off.

Junkyard
    Free Member

OT can i have [ for money] your poploc remote?

Mowgli
    Free Member

Yes you can 🙂 Email in profile.

nickdavies

Speak to Loco, he’ll sell you the correct top cap for a non poplock fork. I did the same to mine cos I kept breaking the poploc lever in the car…

It’s quite a simple mod to swap over and undo the spring. You’ve still got a MoCo damper, just not with the floodgate adjust like PP’s had in his guide.

IIRC correctly, looks like you’ve got the same damper as me (RL) and it’s a black not red damper. I recall having to undo the top of the damper (left hand thread) for some reason and splitting the seal doing it which was a pain to replace so go steady.

If you do it then drop me a message if you want to sell the remote i’ll take it off you.

Junkyard
    Free Member

YGM

Mowgli
    Free Member

Thanks for that. RL it is. I think Junkyard has dibs on the remote I’m afraid.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Downgrading from Poploc remote’ is closed to new replies.