Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Down the Pan (iPhone content)
  • joao3v16
    Free Member

Wife dropped the iphone in the toilet.
    Been drying out on a sunny windowsill for a couple of days.

What’s the likelihood it’ll recover?

Or is it going to be deaded?

donsimon
    Free Member

There are lots of reports of people dropping all sorts of things down toilets without any adverse effects, your crapper will be fine.

MSP

put it in a bag of rice overnight, it should draw any moisture out.

There can be problems with corrosion of contacts, which may mean taking it apart undoing the connections to the motherboard and cleaning with Isopropyl alcohol.

but will probably be OK.

toys19
    Free Member

just dont fire it up till its dry. and then it might work..

RobHilton
    Free Member

I plunged my phone into a glass of ribena*, took it apart, washed in soapy warm water dried in sun – is healed again.

*Unintentionally

joao3v16
    Free Member

There are lots of reports of people dropping all sorts of things down toilets without any adverse effects, your crapper will be fine.

Ah, good suggestion… I may even have some of those silicone gel sachets wot come in shoe boxes and what-not…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Careful cooduv cracked the pan. 😐

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Is there an app for that?

kimbers

was a funny story on adam and jo about this

was the toilet full of wee or pooh?, did she reach in to save her precious kinda like trainspotting

jon1973
    Free Member

washed in soapy warm water

why soapy water, out of interest?

Cougar

put it in a bag of rice overnight, it should draw any moisture out.

It might be worth clarifying, uncooked rice.

emsz
    Free Member

I dropped mine down the loo, O2 told me to turn it off and leave it in an airing cuboard for at least a week. Then try. Came back, screen was a little bit vague at first, but now it’s fine. They were very insistent to not to try and turn it on until dried out completely

dharmstrong
    Free Member

If it is borked you can get an out of warranty replacement from Apple Stores (book a genius appointment) and they will give you a refurbed iPhone (looks like new) for £139. Did it myself last week.

RobHilton
    Free Member

washed in soapy warm water

why soapy water, out of interest?

To clean the ribena stickiness from it.
    Have washed motherboards the same way – it occasionally brings them magically back to life.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

except washing up liquid contains salt, which corrodes the contacts slowly. Best off dunking the whole thing in deionised water for a while, then letting it dry out in rice or even in rice in a low low oven.

dyna-ti

You need to open the case as much as you can even if it means prying it open with a screwdriver :?,then leave it somewhere warm [like near but not on top of a radiator]and leave it there for a few days.Make sure you remove the battery before drying it as moisture will hide in all the nooks and the more room in there for it to evaporate the better.

If it was switched on when you dropped it in then its probably shorted out,might be done in 😕

wysiwyg
    Free Member

except the batteries are hard wired to the mobo on all but iphone 4s, assuming it wasnt a 4.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Down the Pan (iPhone content)’ is closed to new replies.